scrambled egg

bklyncat58
on 11/5/11 1:52 am - NJ
I almost ate a whole scrambled egg . I'm in the puree mushy stage is that to much . go back to the dr. on tues can't wait to get weighed but I think I only l only lost 3 lbs. a week after surgery I was 247 and I weighed at a friends and think I weighed 244 or 245 so what do you think

TheBiscuit
on 11/5/11 2:07 am - TX
 I am just over 3 weeks post-op and I started on eggs three days ago-- no problems at all. I don't eat the whole thing. I put some cheddar cheese on it and it has settled fine. Not eating the whole thing is normal. Eggs can be tricky.
BriarRose
on 11/5/11 2:08 am
When did you have surgery ?

I remember the taste of my first soft boiled egg after surgery -- boy! that tasted good ! These first few weeks you body is healing itself after surgery. When I had another abdominal surgery a few years ago, my surgeon told me that it took an extra 300 calories a day to heal from an invasive surgery -- and we, after weight loss surgery are eating almost NO calories. So our bodies will hang onto the weight for awhile to heal.

Stick to your plan. Move around as much as you can (walk, stretch) and get in as much fluid as you can. Rest to help your body heal, and you WILL lose the weight.
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
abrown8434
on 11/6/11 9:21 am - VA
Thanks for that extra knowledge; I didn't know about the extra 300 calories!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

mulder1921
on 11/5/11 12:06 pm - OH
I'm 3 weeks out and am able to eat about 1/2 a scramble egg.  I scramble it with a smidge of skim milk and a little cheddar cheese and cook it pretty softly.

Remember, all scales are different.  My scale at home and the one at my doctor's office is different by 5#.  And my mom and I own the exact same scale and they are different by 3#.  Also,  lots of people gain water weight after surgery because of the anesthesia and medications.

Good luck at your weigh-in!

Crystal M.
on 11/5/11 12:08 pm - El Paso, TX
I am two months out and can eat only 1/2 an egg.
It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

sunnymicki
on 11/5/11 1:18 pm
Did you puree or mush up the egg after you scrambled it?  When I did that, I could eat pretty much a whole egg.

And then once on soft foods (no more pureeing), I found I could only eat about 1/2 a scrambled egg.  It was a big difference.  But an egg is not the ultimate measure of restriction or your diet.

I honestly wouldn't worry about if you have restriction while you are on this phase of the diet.  Just measure and eat a certain portion that fits in with your calorie budget for the day (just for reference, during purees I ate 400-600 cal/day, usually closer to 400 cause that's all I got in) - don't try to make yourself feel full.  I think one egg is 70 or 80 calories, so eating AN ENTIRE EGG (oh gasp!) is not going to blow your diet, you know?  On the other hand, if it makes you feel crappy and over-full, that is not a good way to be.

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

riddle
on 11/5/11 2:10 pm
I am sticking with Eggbeaters for now (12 days post surgery).  They are now one of my favorite foods and I can eat 2 TBSP scrambled.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 465 views