Anyone else taking a med that causes weight gain? Worried about after surgery.. :(

krista A.
on 12/7/11 11:33 am - TN
I'm taking Risperdal, and since starting taking it it has made me put on 60 pounds.. Even when I don't eat too much or eat healthier I dont lose weight. It stabilizes my mood so greatly i'm afraid to stop taking it(it took me ten years to find a right med), but i'm afraid I won't lose weight after surgery.. I dunno.. Just worried! I should have an answer from INS. before Jan 1st and am stressin about this.
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/11 12:22 pm
I take Seroquel, another atypical, and can attribute at least 60 lbs to the drug.  Pshrink has told me to take it as needed post surgery as I am also on lithium.  All is going well, but I want to minimize my use of the Seroquel.

Good luck.
smbergie200
on 12/7/11 8:23 pm - Naples, FL
I take Lamictal, Depakote, and Lexapro. My PDOC increased my Lamictal and I weaned off the Depakote and Lexapro with docs permission. Lamictal is weight neutral so I am glad thats all I am on now. I was still losing while I was on all of them. You are eating such a reduced calorie intake you will still lose just fine. Maybe a little slower than some of the people on here, but you will lose and you will get to goal. Who knows, maybe when there is less of you maybe you won't require as much medicine as before. To make a long story short - Dont worry. You will be skinny in no time.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views