Taste of Isopure? Pure Protein? Unjury? Real Meals?

buttercupnectar
on 1/15/12 10:35 pm
Okay so I have bought and tried the Unjury Vanilla, Real Meals Chocolate, and finally the pure Protein chocolate (powder form).  The Real meals was the most tolerable to me taste wise.  I am having trouble with the Pure Protein from walmart because when I blend it it get super thick!  I hate thick things!  So I see the GNC has a sale on their Isopure. 
If any of you have tried the shakes I listed above as well as Isopure can you tell me how the Isopure compates taste-wise to any of the three above brands?  I hate to spend that kind of money and then find out I hate it like the Pure Protein.  BTW, I blend my shakes cause I cannot cannot cannot tolerate the powder chunks in my shakes.

Thanks

Jamie_45
on 1/15/12 10:45 pm - CA
VSG on 01/09/12
Have you tried the Samplers from both Unjury and Nectar?  Then tend to be my preferred flavors, but I don't like any of them enough to buy a whole tub of one flavor.  Since you're getting very close to your food stage maybe the Samples will see you through.  I'm thinking of taking someone's advice and getting the Nectar Tea (I already have the Caribbean Cooler) to have a couple of choices for supplementary smoothies.  The only flavors that are getting me through this dreaded 2-week liquids is the Unjury Chicken Soup and the Unflavored which I add to my own soups, etc.  Good luck with your shopping.  If you have a Vitamin Shoppe, they carry some individual packets of several brands.

Cindy22706
on 1/15/12 10:45 pm - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
Isopure doesnt taste bad and is not thick at all. It does have a protein smell (to me) but that is easy to overcome. I dont know anything about the others. Have you tried Syntax Nectar? They are good. MyBariatricPantry.com has a sample pack for like, $13.
VickyBT
on 1/15/12 11:58 pm, edited 1/15/12 11:59 pm - MI
Ahhh, the dilemma of protein shakes.
I've tried many, many brands and ones I use to love, I now hate.
Whenever I drink them I get nauseated.
You could try getting Nectar brand fruity flavored single serve packets
and mixing them with water for a lighter protein drink.
I was big on Nectar Cappachino (sp?) for awhile but got sick of that too.
As for Isopure...I call it Isopuke but some suggest diluting it with
water to make it more tolerable.
I think if you eat anything too much you just get damn sick of it.
My current protein of choice is Fage Greek yogurt and turkey bacon.
But this topic is all very subjective to what any given individual likes or dislikes.
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

Debra P.
on 1/16/12 1:32 am, edited 1/16/12 1:32 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 It is possible to thin down the thick ones to taste...  and Nectar is my favorite brand.

faylavi
on 1/16/12 1:38 am - Laurel, MD
Try using more milk or less powder when mixing Unjury.  It will change the taste.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Most Active
Recent Topics