Quick Question ?

seanbear66rn
on 4/9/12 10:30 am - Dracut, MA
VSG on 04/06/12
 Any reason I should not add sugar free ovaltine to my shakes? It is very low calorie...just curious.
Sean  

YOU CANNOT GIVE SOMEONE HELP........YOU CAN OFFER HELP,  IT IS UP TO THE OTHER PERSON TO ACCEPT  OR REJECT IT !!!

moonglo82
on 4/9/12 10:39 am
VSG on 03/29/12
What stage are you in right now? If you are on full liquids, that would probably be fine, but I would be cautious of adding anything that adds thickness to my shakes while in clears. Just my opinion

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/12 10:48 am
I did pre op all the time. Just a tablespoon, though. Then post op I did it a couple of times, but then it tasted too rich for me. I also found a protein powder I like without any "doctoring". When I used the Ovaltine, I did make sure to count it in my daily food totals.
(deactivated member)
on 4/9/12 11:40 am
VSG on 01/19/12
Are you adding the ovaltine for flavor?? because you dont like your shake??

My suggestion would be to try diff shakes if the taste is not to your liking. if you are pre op your tastes will change post op.. and if your post op already adding cals to your diet isnt a bad idea but... id prefer food cals than ovaltine cals... wouldnt you? lol   good luck
AnnMarie
on 4/21/12 9:28 am
VSG on 04/10/12
The protein supplement recipe the surgeon gives us is to use a 1/2 packet of no sugar added carnation instant breakfast, 3 scoops of protein and several oz of lactose free milk

AnnMarie  vsg 4/10/12 Age: 41, Height: 5'2ish
       Banded '04 PreOp BMI 64, PreOp for VSG: BMI 55, SW BMI: 50 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views