Dreading the EDG....do you remember?

Empress NYC
on 5/19/12 4:15 pm
VSG on 02/29/12
 It’s a breeze as long as u are put under (I was fully awake the first time  ).  So you may want to call ur dr to make sure u will be sedated.

The procedure lasts about 15 mins.  You come in, and they tell you to lay on ur side.  The dr then sprays your throat with some anti gagging spray. Hopefully by this time the sedation kicks in and you remember nothing else!!!!  You’re then wheeled to the recovery for an hour & monitored.  You will be fine so no worries!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 5/19/12 4:31 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
Easy peasy. I had two and was supposed to be sedated for the first one but it didn't work so I was awake. No pain, just a bit of gagging and discomfort. The second one I decided not to be sedated coz didn't want to waste a whole half a day of life..so it took 15 mins and same, no pain, a bit of gagging and its over quickly. No biggie on a scale of 1-10 in terms of ickyness about 3-4. If you are sedated then you won't feel or remember a thing.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/12 12:41 am
VSG on 06/04/12
I had mine done on the 7th along with my colonoscopy.  I was so nervous and they promised to knock me out but the drugs didn't work on me so I was awake for both procedures.  They weren't the worse thing in the world and they were over very quickly.  As someone else said - I'm much more scared about the VSG surgery than the endoscopy.
Kat1313
on 5/20/12 3:30 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13
I've had several.......they knocked me out completely - best drugs ever!  Was nothing to it, woke up and felt fine, stopped on the way home for a big Starbucks coffee.

Not to worry!
Most Active