Almost 6 months out, Low HDL levels.

laurak712
on 5/21/12 7:38 am - New Braunfels, TX
I had low levels too and started supplementing with Krill oil capsules and that took care of it!  Now mine is in the high 50's  and gradually rising.  I took 2 every day at first and was able to cutt back to 1 after a while. 

Laura

Height 5' 7

BethR311
on 5/21/12 8:04 am - Fort Wayne, IN
HDL is a mother****** to bring up, pardon my language, I'm having a bad day. It's harder to bring up than it is to bring the LDL down. My insurance wants me at 50 and 130 pounds later I'm still not there.

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/12 9:57 am
My PCP says that getting HDL up can be very, very difficult for most people. He believes that exercise is a very small part of the equation. Foods high in the good fats (nuts, olive oil, avocado, etc...) are one way to go. However, he recommends going directly to a supplement if you're serious about raising your levels. I take two Omega 3 supplements (fish oil) everyday. When I was taking one I got my # up to 35. I go in for blood work on Friday and am hoping to be over 40 (close to 50 would be great) since I've been taking two pills daily since surgery.
lipstick22
on 5/21/12 11:28 am
VSG on 03/20/12
 My HDL was 24 and I was on cholesterol medicine for my LDL and triglycerides.  My PCP says that such low levels of HDL are generally part heredity.  I am on fish oil pills now, but she said for not to expect for my levels to shoot through the roof....like someone else said, it's a MF'er to get up!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 149 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 423 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 442 views