Five more days . . . will I make it? (Long)

jjldh_va
on 9/13/12 4:43 pm
VSG on 10/09/12 with
I had heart burn a few weeks ago so bad I thought someone was stabbing me.  My mom has panic attacks that are similar.  My surgery is about 26 days from now (or 25 days 10 hours and 54 minutes away, but who is counting), so I understand the last minute freak outs.

I get a lot of stress and something I found helpful is to take an aroma therapy bath with some lavender (calming) bath salts.  If you do not have a tub, meditation can be wonderful.  Find a quiet spot to sit for about 20 minutes, lights low, deep breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth... and try to keep you mind calm and on positive stuff.  A mantra helps... "I will have a wonderful surgery", try to say I WILL instead of I will NOT - i.e. I will not have complications... its easier to keep yourself positive that way.

I am not a gym rat (if I were, I would not be here!), but I do like YOGA for relaxation.  You can find some good videos to help you on You Tube... just find your inner peace.  Anxiety can make small things seem so much worse, and a calm state can help with healing.

~JJ~    Surgery w/ Dr. Alvarez on Oct 9 2012  ~ HW 300?? ~ SW280.0 ~ CW 217.6

Katyfbradley
on 9/13/12 6:19 pm - FL
VSG on 09/18/12
oh wow mine is the same day!! im excited but nervous to! best of luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views