Just got done with my full liquid/semi liquid 3 days - gained a pound!

Ohiogirl
on 10/21/12 3:44 am - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
I only drink 0 cal drinks except for my protein drinks. I don't like Gatorade, plain milk - really I hate to drink so I have been using mio flavored water or iced tea. Thanks for the recipes - I am going to have to work on finding good protein dishes for this puréed stage - tired of sweet - cant wait to make a little chicken salad for my next meal. You are right about the chili - just dread cooking since I haven't been. Temptation to taste along the way is hard for me.
Good luck on your journey - sounds like you are doing well.

Italian-Princess
on 10/21/12 3:59 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Hi Paula 

That one pound is almost certainly water and not going to hang around long.  Your numbers are great, your loss is wonderful.  I'd say you're just having a little "catch up" time -- your body is reacting to such a fast loss.

If you haven't already, may I suggest that you take your measurements and record them.  Then, if/when you hit a stall, you can measure again and you'll likely see you are losing inches even when the scale gets stingy!  I measure once a month and it's helped keep me sane now that my weight loss has slow so badly. 

Don't feel bad about being a slave to the scale.......most of  us are even though we know better!

As for exercising with bad knees, see if you can find a video called "Sit and Be Fit" -- there's also a PBS television program by that name.  Basically, you sit in a straight chair and do arm exercises and some leg exercises.  Some days, she stands and uses the chair as a balance to do small lunges, very shallow knee bends, toe tapping.  It's not cardio, but it will make you move your body.  Here is a link to the website:

http://www.sitandbefit.org.

I still usually need to have at least one shake a day -- some days I skip and can get my protein from food -- depends on which foods. 

You're doing great -- try to relax! 

Good luck on your journey!

Ree

Ohiogirl
on 10/21/12 4:24 am - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
Thanks Ree. I do have some chair exercise DVDs - I asked PA when I went for 2 week check up - she said no - too much twisting, bending so walking only. I'm hoping by 6 weeks post op I will be released to do the chair exercises. My program is very conservative and I am trying to follow the rules - didn't pay out $20000+ to screw up, lol.
Thanks for all your support. We oldies and future hot grandmas have to stick together!!

Paula

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views