Not feeling full :S

tanass
on 10/31/12 11:39 am - Kelowna, Canada
VSG on 10/23/12 with

So I'm 7 days out and I find I'm having ZERO issues. Which, oddly enough worries me. The problem is I can comfortably/easily drink a cup of liquid within 20 - 30 minutes or less without issue or feeling full. I've even tried to sip and spread it out in an hour and if anything I'm more hungry when I do that. I'm also finding I'm never full and yes, I get hunger pains all the time.

I'm concerned because I read about everyone having to taking their time and have to sip and can only drink a 1/4 cup. Yet I can drink normally (though I don't gulp because I know that would make me ill).

I've also been going to the gym the past 3 days, doing fat burning on the elliptical for 25 minutes a day, and I've been back to work (I'm a hair stylist) since Monday working 8 to 10 hour days.. What sort of calories should I be aiming to consume? I do find I need to sit between clients and what not but over all I feel fine. Not as much energy as I had before but not horribly drained.

Is anyone else having a easy time with it as well? Just make me nervous because I don't feel limited on what I can consume (obviously I'm not onto stage two diet yet).

Kelly-AnneH
on 10/31/12 12:59 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Sounds to me like you're Lady Luck's own sweet child - I'm happy for you! Just keep on following your surgeon's plan. Welcome to the bench!

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

tanass
on 10/31/12 2:53 pm - Kelowna, Canada
VSG on 10/23/12 with

I don't feel lucky because all I want to do is eat because I can't get full which is making me a little crazy lol.

danzeppelin
on 10/31/12 1:24 pm
VSG on 08/15/12
It was really easy for me too. I had no problem with liquids, water never tasted bad...
I never felt alot of hunger pains at first... Really no restriction, at first either, course I never tested it.... I knew the nerves were cut and I wouldn't feel alot....
I'm glad it's easy for you too...just follow your guidelines and don't pu****!
Welcome to the bench

SunChild
on 10/31/12 1:51 pm - MN

I myself am not seven days out and have asking myself those same questions,  I am able to drink water quite easily and wonder what's going on.  In all my plan info it states at first you'll only be able to eat like 2 tablespoons,  I am hoping tha****er just goes though more quickly and once I can do pureed food that I'll notice I truly am full at those amounts.  I am working the plan and am going to do whatever I have been told to do.  I have been having hunger pains often.  I do drink some water and they get better but I can'****ch any food commercials because they make me want to lick the screen!  Best of luck on you're journey.

Kelly-AnneH
on 10/31/12 2:00 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Just a quick question. Does your Dr have you on a PPI? "Hunger pains" can be acid rather than actual hunger. You have nothing to lose by trying a PPI - except maybe the hunger pains.

Kelly-Anne

tanass
on 10/31/12 2:55 pm - Kelowna, Canada
VSG on 10/23/12 with

My doctor has me on Tectra 40 mg, and he did prescribe me dossier 5mg. Are either of those a PPI? I'm not sure what a PPI is.

Kelly-AnneH
on 10/31/12 3:18 pm, edited 10/31/12 3:23 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
The Tectra is a PPI, which stands for Proton Pump Inhibitor, which means it tells your stomach to produce less acid. That protects your stomach as it heals and helps with reflux.

Something that I discovered that might be worth trying. Chop your next dose up or cru**** then take it with a few sips of something a bit before you eat. My GP prescribed the same PPI Dr Aceves had ( in granulated form, which worked famously) but in pill form and I was miserable with heartburn and a constant sensation of "maybe if I eat something I'll feel better." I had a brainstorm and chopped up my pill one morning and felt MUCH better within about 1/2 hour. Within 24 hours (a second dose the next day) the heartburn and fretting that maybe I should eat something was gone.

Oh - and about feeling full. You're not going to have that until you get to mushies, then you'll sure know it! Until then just focus on fluids and protein.

Kelly-Anne

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/12 8:16 pm - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

I agree that you won't feel a real full feeling until you get to mushies or solid proteins. I could drink water easily after surgery too and was wondering what was up with that. Then when I ate something that was of substance I could definitely feel it.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/31/12 8:25 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
I also don't feel full nor do I feel hungry. So I asked my surgeon what my capacity is and he told me and I am not going to go over that. Just weigh and measure everything and stick with what you are supposed to consume and don't worry about the rest. The full or satisfied feeling will come in time from what I hear.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views