Will my stomach EVER stop making these loud noises?

howarli
on 1/29/13 10:30 pm - MD

Nope, as I have mentioned many times before my husband keeps saying "can you please turn your stomach down".

kimberleyann
on 1/29/13 11:05 pm - Kingston, NS, Canada

At a year and 4 months post op, my tummy still is a chatty cathy. It gurgles and grumbles no matter what I drink or eat. I am so used to it now I don't notice but it makes my hubby laugh.

nmcmanus66
on 2/7/13 10:27 am - CA

this is so funny because i am beginning to experience this, burping and tooting. I have never been a gassy person. Until now!!

silvertaurus
on 10/23/13 8:59 am, edited 10/23/13 9:00 am

I know this is an old post, but WOW.  I am now about six months out of surgery and this issue is causing serious complications in my life!  My doctor is going to check back on it in a few months.

My stomach noises are LOUD.  Everyone in the room can hear them, and they continue for hours after eating or drinking anything.  I have a position where I run meetings all day long with groups of people and this has actually caused a decline in my own ability to run meetings.  I really don't know how to relate how serious of a problem this is or how badly this is impacting me as a professional.  It is to the point that I'm seriously questioning whether I should ever have had this surgery.  The constant embarrassment is causing social anxiety for me, and I've never been socially anxious.  When it was acting up at the doctor's office last week, and he looked somewhat surprised...he said it sounded like a pager and I should carry a pager around all the time and look at it. 

Anyway....I don't have any answers, but I wanted to share with anyone else who is dealing with it at the level of severity I am, just to know you're not alone. :)

MsVonne
on 10/23/13 9:31 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

I just posted about this earlier today and I'm 7 weeks out today and whenever I eat/drink my stomach let's me know and everyone else in the room close to me that it's there.  But I see I'm not the only one but what surprises me is that my doctor has never heard about this from his other patients.  Well, this is something we have to deal with and I don't regret my sleeve in anyway so glad I did it.  Keep your chin up!!

ADJ70
on 10/26/13 6:30 am
VSG on 12/20/12

I can completely relate to the social anxiety because of the noises.  People were literally turning around and looking at me when my stomach was acting up.  I even had someone ask me if I was going to be ok.  Talk about embarrassing!  I found myself no longer going to church, social gatherings, etc. because of the horrific noises my stomach was making.  However, I am now 10 months out and happy to report that the noises have calmed down considerably.  They are not gone, but they are definitely quieter.  I have noticed over time that my stomach tends to be more "active" when I have eaten something that is a bit harder to digest.  Although, there are times when that theory just doesn't coincide with what I have just eaten.  It is a mystery, but the pro's for having my surgery have far outweighed the con's.

I am hopeful that for those of you out there who are also suffering from this embarrassing activity, that yours too will start to die down and you are able to lead a more normal social life.  Hopefully the positive's of having the surgery will far outweigh the negatives for you too. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views