Down in the dumps, doubting myself

JMack
on 7/12/13 9:03 am - UT

Thanks everybody for the great responses.  I really appreciate the support and that you all care enough to respond.  I am ok and I will do this.  1 cookie is not my downfall! 

Stephmom
on 7/12/13 11:07 am

Fall down 7 times, get up 8 times! We can do this!

JMack
on 7/12/13 1:27 pm - UT

Yes!  Brush the dirt off my shoulders and get up!

akr9911
on 7/12/13 1:29 pm
VSG on 06/20/13

Been there, thought this. Have a similar WL patterns to you. Here's what I discovered the other day, as I was starving and my messed up brain decided that hunger = failure. Hunger does not equal failure... it equals hunger. It is what it is. Just because you're having a tough day today, making a few less-than-great choices today, doesn't mean you've failed or are going to. It just means you messed up. So what have you done differently about it? You've thought about it, you asked about it, you reached out for support, you called yourself on less than good behavior.

Someone on here, and I apologize for not remembering whom at the moment, added the new tagline to her signature "You can't hate yourself thin." So true. Forgive yourself a simple bad choice, and move on. You're doing everything right. Your body is still healing and it's figuring stuff out. Your weight will come off, perhaps more slowly than some of the rocket-people around here but hey, it'll come off. That's what I'm counting on for me too! Just think 3 pounds a week for 20 weeks... means you're 60 pounds lighter by Christmas. Holy moly. That's COOL!

HW 259 SW 251 CW 217 M1-20.5 M2 -7.5 M3 -4 M4 -2

JMack
on 7/12/13 1:37 pm - UT

Thank you.  It's always helpful to hear from people who've experienced similar things.  At 60 pounds thinner by Christmas I think my self esteem would be busting at the seams.  I'll keep that thought in my head.

JMack
on 7/12/13 1:30 pm - UT

OK pity party over.  Feeling better.  I'm going to try and keep a positive attitude.  My failures in the past are linked to negative thinking and those mean voices telling me i'm worthless.  Thanks everybody for lifting me back up.

Most Active