Pizza

Mary Catherine
on 1/17/14 2:15 pm

I read things like this and wonder if revision should even be done.  If a person could not do it right the first time, what is going to change the second time?  

To be successful requires a lifetime change, not going back to junk in two weeks.

Kvp1029
on 1/18/14 1:46 am
Revision on 12/28/13

White Dove, I hD the original sleeve in 2007.  I lost 148 lbs and kept it off until February 2013. I had a live altering experience that threw me into a depression that I didn't care about living or keeping the weight off or anything really.  I had a sever case of PTSD.  II gained the weight because I was to scared to leave my house alone.  I was paranoid if I was outside alone.  I was a police detective and I worked the rapes, homicides, sex assault on children, child abuse, domestic violence.  Over time I was not able to have a hard shell against these things and I had a mental break.  I'm committed to let my sleeve work.  I won't test my sleeve again.  Dr's plan all the way.   I understand I can not go back to junk.  That is why I posted this so I could get my butt whipped int shap.  Thanks for the reply

destined2beslim
on 1/17/14 8:50 pm - Upper Marlboro, MD
Revision on 12/09/13

I am a revision patient but had to be revised because my stomach and esophagus ended up stuck together and in the lining of my lungs.  My anatomy is just really weird.  As a revision patient, we are more at risk for leaks and other issues.  We also have a higher risk of death.  Not to scare you but you have to be extra extra careful.  I am not sure what you did with the first sleeve but you have to follow directions to the T.  You can get a lot of things down in two days.  This doesn't mean you should do it.  I would contact my doctor if I were you just so they are aware and can get you in to check for any problems the pizza may have caused.  Some leaks don't cause symptoms and the patient may not know until there is food infused in different parts of your body. Not just speculating, I actually got all of this information from my doctor and NUT.  And yes, at this point the scale is going to go down as the swelling goes down.  However, with those eating habits the scale will stop moving eventually.   Good luck to you

Nikke2003
on 1/17/14 9:38 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

This post is very, very scary. Enough said.

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

MAchick
on 1/18/14 12:17 am
VSG on 01/27/14
I first read it last night at work and thought, is this real life? Had to come back and re-read today.
Mary Catherine
on 1/17/14 10:27 pm

One lady in our support group got ambitious with testing what she could eat at a work party a week after her surgery.  She has never told me what she actually ate, but started bleeding from the rectum, passed out and was taken by ambulance to the hospital.

Her leak was massive and her family was summoned to her bedside to say their final goodbyes. 

She did pull through with surgery and prayers, but followed her plan after that.

MAchick
on 1/18/14 12:17 am
VSG on 01/27/14
Oh my that is scary! !
Georgio2
on 1/17/14 10:29 pm

I'm 3 weeks out and think about pizza A LOT.  I wouldn't dare go off surgeons diet (mushy food phase now) but keep thinking there will be a time when pizza (only one slice) will be ok. Maybe you and I are both doomed. MAYBE NOT. Every time I find myself thinking of pizza, or hot fudge sundaes, etc., I'm going to vividly remember your post, and all the helpful answers. Thank you for your post. Thanks for all the replies to it. This has really got me thinking. Get help my friend. Good luck.

Georgio Sleeve:12/26/2013 HW:334 GW:160 CW:248 PreOpW:320 SW:280

Sheanie
on 1/18/14 5:35 am

Well, they operate on our STOMACHS, not our HEADS.  Now go see a talky doctor and see what's eating YOU so you don't shoot yourself in the foot again. 

Maybe instead of resleeving, you should have opted for the Duodenal Switch.  But then again, maybe not.  If you've been grossly noncompliant with just the sleeve, you'd probably kill yourself with the DS. 

Please get into therapy, quick.

I.  am.  not.  a.  doctor.

HW 250ish  SW 219  CW 110  LW 100

Kvp1029
on 1/18/14 5:51 am
Revision on 12/28/13

I have not been grossly non compliant with the sleeves.  They stretch out.  You can eat more food.  Heck at one point I was diagnosed anorexic and had to do an out patient program.  Life happens bad stuff.  I just pray none of you walk in my shoes and yo have no problem with compliance

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views