Gallbladder removal

getitgirl
on 1/29/14 11:50 pm

I had my WLS on 10/29/13 0n 1/29/14 I had to have my Gallbladder removed. My pain was worst than child birth. After 2 separate ER visits and 2 hospital addmission my surgeon decided to remove it. today 1 day after removal all the back and shoulder pain is gone. I didn't have much abdomen pain I had know idea that you could have gallbladder pain in the back. Has anyone else had gallbladder issues after WLS?

cajunlady1958
on 1/30/14 12:42 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I had to have my gallbladder removed 8 months after my surgery. I really wish my doctor had just taken it out while he was doing the wls. I never had a lot of pain with my sleeve surgery but I had a lot with the gallbladder surgery. glad you are doing better.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

mickeymantle
on 1/30/14 12:54 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

iwould have thought if it was bad enough to admite you to the hospital they would have taken it out then

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

getitgirl
on 1/30/14 2:15 am

The didn't take it out at the first ER/Hospital Stay because the 3 doctors that looked at the Ultra sound, CT Scan and HIDA Scan all concluded that it was border line and didn't need to be removed. I went home and was back in 5 days. The pain was even worse. It was now in my Chest, Back, Shoulder and Abdomen. they reran the same test again, still concluded I was border line. I was in the process of being discharged when the pain came back again, then I insisted that they remove it. I could not endure that pain any longer. Worst pain ever.

FindingMyWeigh
on 1/30/14 1:09 am
VSG on 10/30/13

My surgeon put me on some gallbladder prevention pills for the first 6 months after surgery. I had thought he would take it out during surgery, but he said it looked healthy. 

I went to the ER once with a gallbladder attack and suffered through 9 hours of pain before I finally caved and went to ER..I know of that which you speak. SO much pain.

Congrats on getting it removed!

Dev *.
on 1/30/14 1:14 am - Austin, TX

Yep. When mine died, I think I mas maybe a year post band, I didn't have the classic gallbladder pain either. Mine was a mid chest pain that radiated all the way through to my back. I've never woken up from a surgery and felt so good before!

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

getitgirl
on 1/30/14 2:20 am

My chest pain was so intense they did a EKG and Stress test. I am so glad they took it out!! 

Mrs_Desire _
on 1/30/14 2:21 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

That gallbladder is a killer. I had mine removed in 2009 about 6 months after I had the lapband placed it. It had me so soooooo sick. Mine was removed in an emergency procedure. It ruptured. Life was great after that for a while until my body rejected the lapband.

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

getitgirl
on 1/30/14 2:30 am

is everything good for you now?

Mrs_Desire _
on 1/30/14 1:28 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

Oh yeah things are great. I can just about eat spicy food again.

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 89 views