Breast and loose skin

civilmomma
on 7/18/14 4:40 am
VSG on 03/07/14

find a good bra shop, get fitted at least every 30 pounds or so, and don't worry about the boobs!  I started as a 44I, and after 90 pounds am a 38G.  They are flat and saggy and I have wrinkled loose skin sitting in my bra more than I have breast tissue it seems - but they still look pretty good in a bra under a nice top. 

Loose skin - well, there's genetics involved, age, how long you've been obese, stretchmarks...I have loose flappy skin.  My belly looks like I recently delivered quadruplets and is stretched and saggy (2 pregnancies really amplified my stretch marks too), my inner thighs are loose and jiggly, my varicose veins are veinier and more obvious now too.  My arms are getting flappy, but they don't bother me as much.

I use bio-oil on my belly skin - not sure if it does anything, but I try.

Take your vitamins, get your protein, stay hydrated, and tone your muscles for the best chance at your skin recovering some. 

I have a feeling that I will want a breast lift and tummy skin removed at some point - but it is not a priority right now.

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

Tracy D.
on 7/18/14 6:04 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Oh honey, it's usually a very sad story on the old boobies.  Depending on your age you may have a better experience but they end up looking pretty darn sad most of the time.  

Wherever you have stretch marks, you will have loose, crepey looking skin.  And like the other posters have said, YOUR skin experience will depend on age, hereditary, how long you've been obese and how much it's been stretched from yo-yo dieting.  

I think that resistance band training really helped my arms...as long as I don't raise them up and wave!  Then you can still see my batwings.  But all the exercise in the world isn't going to get rid of the excess skin we grew to cover our fat.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

TinaInTexas
on 7/20/14 8:53 am

You said " Wherever you have stretch marks, you will have loose, crepey looking skin. " I just pulled up my top and looked at my tummy... lordieeeee ... Will have to start saving now for that plastic surgery ! I have REALLY enjoyed everyone's in put, sound like this is going to be great group of ppl to work my way through this !

Monday I call the insurance to see were they are at... wish me luck !

Annievvho
on 7/18/14 8:57 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

I started out in a too small bra that was a DDD I think, I'm now in a DD, but it's not too small. I will probably be in a D soon. They look like 2 sharpeis stuffed in a bra before I adjust them. I am 27, high weight was 320, have lost over 130 lbs. The loose skin problem is real. I don't go out in public without spanx, my legs give me a nice round of applause whenever I run or take the stairs. Once I lose enough weight, I think these wings that dangle from what used to be my arms will allow me to take flight. A sense of humor about your quirky new (healthier!) body type will get you far. And keep in mind surgery can remove the excess skin, too!

TinaInTexas
on 7/18/14 9:43 am

So great how everyone is so open and friendly ! Thanks for the words

Take care,

Tina

slimpickins5280
on 7/18/14 10:32 am - CO

My tits look like tube socks. Just throw the girls over you shoulder and move on down the road. 

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

TinaInTexas
on 7/20/14 8:56 am

OMG that is something I would never have thought of, I am of German heritage and I once lost 65 lbs, nothing off the girls ! But then I got a reduction from a FFF to a DD, now they are at DDD ... guess I will just roll with what I get, anything is better than having to have someone always help you off the couch !

Take care, Tina

Miss150
on 7/18/14 12:04 pm

Melons turned into muffins-now just a couple of raisin topped sugar cookies (sigh)--really good bras are my new BFF

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

TinaInTexas
on 7/20/14 8:59 am

Wow, I was looking at your weight loss, ,  turning 50, I know this is the only thing I can do now to get me started.. thanks for the reply !

Take care,,

Tina

Bella_Fein
on 7/19/14 12:04 pm, edited 7/19/14 12:04 pm - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

This about sums it up....

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question