I'm Pre op but will my slider foods now be my slider food after?

TanyaR
on 7/22/14 1:40 am

Ohhhh I see my mistake lol no "I have my sleeve." was just the continuation of the title sorry lol. I DO NOT HAVE A SLEEVE.

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/14 3:54 am

I'm a teacher. I had NO trouble understanding that you were not yet sleeved. I was actually curious why the others were having a problem. You had punctuation errors in that first sentence, but it was clear you were worried about AFTER you had been sleeved.

That said, none of us got to be obese because we deal with food wisely. The farther out from surgery I am, the more I understand this idea. I am a grazer and a binge eater and a closet eater. I don't consciously use food to squash my feelings, but I have come to recognize that the behaviors I do have are hurting me emotionally and health wise and that the behaviors are emotionally based. I'm working on it and it's not easy. If it were, WLS would be the answer. It's not. It's a tool in the arsenal we use to battle obesity.

I'm glad that you got back up and brushed yourself off and started eating in a positive manner after you went on your chip and pizza binge. That says a lot for your emotional state and your willingness to work hard at this process. It may be very good for you to seek help with your food issues. There are many resources available: therapy, OA, FA, online groups, phone groups, etc.... Do what feels best for you. And know that while WLS is not the whole answer, it sure makes it A LOT easier to lose weight and deal with your food issues.

Best of luck!

TanyaR
on 7/22/14 1:41 am

I do not have a sleeve I'm sorry the first sentence was a continuation of the title. Whoops!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views