Protein Powders/Drinks

ReclaimingPaula
on 10/13/14 5:11 am
VSG on 01/28/14

I'm sure each of us has our own preferences, so you just have to keep trying until you find what you like.  My personal absolute FAVORITE is 1 full scoop of Nectar Lemon Ice Tea flavor mixed in 16 ounces of Crystal Light lemonade.  I drink that twice a day and it is like a treat for me - I always drink it over ice and it helps me get my water intake up there, as well as my protein.

Surgery 01/28/2014. HW: 310. Consult 290, Surgery 270.  CW = 150   

shannon11
on 10/13/14 6:37 pm

I like the Unjury chocolate splendor.  I also love the Chike protein powder.  I add a little instant espresso and sometimes a tsp of cocoa powder (not sweetened) to make it. Mocha coffee shake.  I wish I had tried chicke right after surgery!

Quanita L.
on 10/13/14 8:16 pm - Adelaide, Australia
VSG on 11/12/14

I remember posts like this last time I had surgery I ended up buying nectar apple and peach it wasn't really available here in Australia, cost a fortune to find and get and I hated it!  Try to go taste testing some how  in the next few weeks to find what you like.

I think that chocolate or milky style drinks will actually make me want real chocolate so I am going to try New Whey Ready to Drink Fruit Shots, I have read reviews for post ops who mix it in similar flavoured sugar free cordial (kool aid for example) or in water downed juice.  I found a place here that I can buy single ones from - It has a whopping 42g of protein in a 100ml.

Whetever you do, don't buy anything expensive before you are sure you love it!  Or you will be like me with these massive tubs in the pantry for years :D

Q Re-VSG & Plicated 12Nov2014 (all kg) HW: 110 '06 & 98 '14 SW : 89 CW: 81.3 Pre-Surgery: -9 M1: -6.3 M2: -1.4  TTL: -16.7    

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views