HOW LONG DOES HAIR LOSS LAST?!

gmantek
on 3/13/15 1:46 am

I had a lot of hair, so others didn't notice it (aside from my mom and my husband).  However it is very depressing because being overweight, my great hair was my security blanket!  Mine started falling out at month 4 and I am now at  month 11.  I have recently noticed it is not coming out during showers or brushing (aside from a few hairs now and then which is normal). 

Trust me, as depressing as it is while it's happening, it means nothing to me if that's the worst side effect I had to live with to lose a ton of weight in that amount of time!  I cut my hair short and it made it less noticeable.  Now my hair is growing out and looking 'normal' again.  It's totally worth it so try and just forget about it for now.  It's temporary I promise.

greensleeved
on 3/13/15 11:54 pm
VSG on 07/10/14 with

It's rough. Mine started coming out at about 4 months and now (at 8 months) it has pretty much stopped (still get a bit in the shower). It didn't come out in clumps, just strand after strand after strand. But I now have about 1" baby hairs coming in and they stick up all over the place. I look like a baby chick just starting to fledge. It's pretty funny. Just remind yourself that it's temporary and concentrate on all the great new things your body can do and the positive changes in how you feel about yourself.

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

DSJSMOM23
on 3/14/15 8:31 am
VSG on 06/24/14

Mine started falling out at 3 months and stopped at 6-7 months. I have a LOT of thick hair, so it's not noticeable, but I knew.

It was annoying. Hair everywhere! Thankfully it's fine now at 8.5 months

I am taking omega 3 and I find its making my hair feel good again. I've had a few compliments about how nice my hair is these day. I am sure it's because of the omega 3 i'm taking. That's the only thing i'm doing that's different.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 476 views