arthritis pre sugery experience

Hislady
on 5/11/15 7:16 pm - Vancouver, WA

I'm 64 and have had probably a dozen or more surgeries oven the last 10-25 yrs and my body has been riddled with arthritis the whole time. I have never had one iota of problems with any of them. I've had several foot surgeries, a hip replacement and gall bladder removal besides weight loss surgery. No problems of any kind. I don't see where there would be any increase in surgical problems because of arthritis. The only way I can see that arthritis could "maybe" cause any issues is if it keeps you from being able to walk. You do need to walk to help prevent blood clots or at least move your legs, but even then I'm sure they will take precautions at the hospital and set up physical therapy if it is needed. When I had my hip replacement the hospital arranged for home PT for the first 2 weeks and then she told me I didn't need her anymore I was doing fine. I wouldn't worry about it at all if I were you, you can find all kinds of crazy stuff on the internet, but that doesn't make it true. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views