Carbonation??

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/7/15 10:02 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I don't drink coffee, but I do take Diet Coke. I specifically asked my surgeon about it and he gave me the OK at 6 months as long as I let it sit out and go half-flat, or if I used my Sodastream machine and only put half fizz in it. Even then it gave me terrible gas.

After a year out, I'm OK to drink regular fizzy water and Diet Coke again. I don't drink nearly as much as I used to, maybe half a can twice a week (less now that I'm pregnant).

I'd suggest asking your surgeon for his/her recommendation.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Pamela M.
on 7/7/15 10:26 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

Pre-surgery, I was ADDICTED to soft drinks (not diet either).  Thankfully!!! I can no longer tolerate carbonation - it only took 2 sips to know that I wasn't going down that painful road! 

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

Amy M.
on 7/7/15 4:04 pm - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

I'm approaching my one year post op and I can now finally tolerate fizzy flavored water.  Soda (or Pop as I call it) still gives me a hard time but if I load it with ice and then wait for all the ice to melt before drinking it then it takes away some of the fizz and I can drink it fine except it still makes me burp so I generally avoid it.  Carbonated water isn't as fizzy as pop so I can drink it warm no problem. 

However when I was earlier out carbonation wasn't even an option.  It was very uncomfortable.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 262 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views