"Skin Tight" is Making Me Angry!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 1/28/16 5:43 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I'm with you on those two freak show doctors from Austin.  The male has bug eyes from too much facial skin tightening.   The female looks like her lips were pumped up with an air compressor.  They aren't great advertisements for their PS techniques.

My guess is that their practice was failing, so they volunteered to be on "Skin Tight" for the publicity.  Big mistake.  I haven't seen anyone they've performed surgery on escape without complications.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

finechocolate
on 1/29/16 2:53 am - Ayer, MA

"two freak show doctors from Austin.  The male has bug eyes from too much facial skin tightening.   The female looks like her lips were pumped up with an air compressor"

You are too funny!!!!I agree!!! 

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/28/16 10:21 am

I lost a lot of weight before I finally decided to have WLS. And every time I gained it back... 

I see that around me over and over... Neck.. I see people who had WLS and did not change their eating that gained the weight back. Sadly.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Karen D.
on 1/28/16 10:35 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

Talking about Dr. Now...he's awesome.  He can do anything!  

Seems like skin is skin no matter how you lost the weight.  

breathemusic
on 1/28/16 1:28 pm

I've only seen the premier and have the other episodes recorded.... but even just based off the 2 people in the first episode I wasn't impressed with either person's results.  I thought one didn't have enough skin removed and the other had a weird combination of procedures that left her with a shape that wasn't bad, but probably could have been better.  It left me wondering if the plastic surgeons really specialized in doing work on people who've had massive weight loss and need body contouring, or if they're the type of plastic surgeons who do all types of surgery and so they aren't really necessary top notch at any of them.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/28/16 1:48 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

It does seem condescending, but I don't know if he's talking about people who've lost their weight quickly(less than a year) & the skin hadn't had enough time to recover(i.e no time in maintenance) & now they're looking at plastic surgery., as opposed to those who lost their weight slowly & allowed time for the skin to recover. He doesn't seem to have a problem with those people.

To me these people still looked like they needed to lose more weight. It looks like they're removing a lot of fat & skin. All that squishing around & holding up their fat, hell I can do that right now, doesn't mean I'm ready for plastic surgery though.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

NYMom222
on 1/28/16 9:58 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Yes I caught that.... stupid. Yes it is wonderful, not better. I liked Derek (I think that was his name) last night but thought Dr. Now did a terrible job on him.

I understand when Dr. Now does skin removal on people where it is a matter of them being able to walk, but he is not a plastic surgeon.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Karen D.
on 1/29/16 9:53 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15
On January 29, 2016 at 5:58 AM Pacific Time, NYMom222 wrote:

Yes I caught that.... stupid. Yes it is wonderful, not better. I liked Derek (I think that was his name) last night but thought Dr. Now did a terrible job on him.

I understand when Dr. Now does skin removal on people where it is a matter of them being able to walk, but he is not a plastic surgeon.

Dr. Now seems to have trouble positioning the guys nipples in the right place.  Last night my husband said the guy looked like he had pepperoni's for nipples.  LOL 

NYMom222
on 1/29/16 10:36 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I felt so bad for him... the nipples were horrible

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Neesie57
on 1/31/16 10:54 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

Oh yes, I mentioned that to my hubby, his nipples were way too close together, and looked strange, even after healing.  Also, the tummy tucks and/or lower body lifts leave them with a large waist and small hips.  Weirdness all around.

One more thing:  is Dr. Now a board certified plastic surgeon?  He doesn't seem to work very hard on the aesthetics of PS.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Most Active