Heyyy girls!!! this is my 5th day post-op!

thinnerrebecca
on 4/26/16 12:30 am
VSG on 04/18/16

I know ryt! I flinched every time I had to take a sip! one look at my dark circles today and I'm a sponge now!

thinnerrebecca
on 4/26/16 12:17 am
VSG on 04/18/16

Hey girls!!! it's so relieving to find a roomful of people with the same experiences! CHEERS YOU GUYS!!! I'D LOVE TO STALK YOUR BEFORE/AFTERS!!

sorry for the delay, was on a sleep binge through two days! was literally trippy with my pain meds and too lazy to even move! luckily for some reason I'm nausea resistant so far!

WORRYIG ABOUT A NEW FOUND DARK CIRCLES TODAY MORNING! is this normal you guys? does it happen? is it to stay on? go bless I hope it disappears I'm rubbing ice on it every time I look at the mirror I feel scared! as I grow thinner I don't want to look like an old hag or something!

I'm on Herbalife protein shake for the first time today, My pins on the stomach is to be removed this Friday and I'm planning gym from Friday evening.

and also is it safe to jump rope about now? I just tried to jump just a few as my doc said I could do anything after the first week! just wondering? anyone started your workout a week post op?

hugs and good morning!!!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/26/16 11:56 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13
On April 26, 2016 at 7:17 AM Pacific Time, thinnerrebecca wrote:

Hey girls!!! it's so relieving to find a roomful of people with the same experiences! CHEERS YOU GUYS!!! I'D LOVE TO STALK YOUR BEFORE/AFTERS!!

sorry for the delay, was on a sleep binge through two days! was literally trippy with my pain meds and too lazy to even move! luckily for some reason I'm nausea resistant so far!

WORRYIG ABOUT A NEW FOUND DARK CIRCLES TODAY MORNING! is this normal you guys? does it happen? is it to stay on? go bless I hope it disappears I'm rubbing ice on it every time I look at the mirror I feel scared! as I grow thinner I don't want to look like an old hag or something!

I'm on Herbalife protein shake for the first time today, My pins on the stomach is to be removed this Friday and I'm planning gym from Friday evening.

and also is it safe to jump rope about now? I just tried to jump just a few as my doc said I could do anything after the first week! just wondering? anyone started your workout a week post op?

hugs and good morning!!!

Congratulations on your surgery 

Have you checked with your surgeon on how long they recommend you wait before you return to the gym?  Please keep in mind that your body is still healing and that strenuous exercise could do damage.  Most surgeons advise walking, but no heavy lifting.

I'm curious about the Herbalife protein shakes.  Do you have the nutritional info on those?

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

ladygodiva1228
on 4/26/16 12:24 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Hey Mo here is a link for the Herbalife.  http://catalog.herbalife.com/Catalog/en-US/Core-Products/Cor e-Products/Formula-1-Healthy-Meal-Nutritional-Shake-Mix#

Protein is Soy Isolate and there is only 9grams of protein with 13 grams of carbs.  I see things not going well for the OP while taking this.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

on 4/26/16 4:08 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Ouch. I was afraid of that.  There are more grams of carbs than protein in the Herbalife shakes.  

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/26/16 12:38 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Most people see some facial wrinkles after losing massive amounts of weight, it's to be expected when your face loses a lot of padding. No need to call those who DO have some sagging or dark circles "hags."

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

thinnerrebecca
on 4/26/16 8:26 pm
VSG on 04/18/16

Hey I'm sorry, wasn't thinking of it that way. 

thinnerrebecca
on 4/26/16 8:33 pm
VSG on 04/18/16

Hey!!! Guys I need help a decent protein shake!! 

Thanks for the info now where do I begin on the protein shake! 

Is whey protein good? What are you all drinking?

on 4/26/16 10:02 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Premier Protein chocolate from Costco.  30 grams of protein, 5 grams of carbs and 160 calories.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/27/16 8:12 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Syntrax Nectar -- mixed with water (with crystal light) for fruity flavors or unsweetened almond milk for "milky" flavors (like chocolate, etc)

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 182 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views