Maintenance - How Much Menu Variance Do We Need?

Beth C.
on 3/5/17 1:58 pm
VSG on 01/19/17

I agree!! I've been doing MFP for years but now it's the next biggest tool after my sleeve. If I slip I'm only cheating myself from my goal. I also like I can see my vitamins and such so I know what I'm missing or need.

The pulld pork was awesome I luv eggfaces blog I'm living off it!!

Heaviest-325

Starting W-243

Surgery day-227

Donna L.
on 3/7/17 9:05 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

You need almost no dietary variance, for a few reasons. The main one is that we supplement out the wazoo.

The second reason is that we did not evolve with a great deal of dietary variance. In many ways, people who maintain the same diet regularly will continue to be successful.

I eat the same things for days at a time - usually an extremely low carb diet. Because I eat more meat than veggies I actually need fewer of some vitamins. My labs are all exceptional, and I continue to lose weight. Meat has more vitamins than not, actually, and eating fewer carbs means you don't need the extra vitamin c to create ATP in your cells, for instance.

Frankly, your diet sounds fine if you are maintaining. Note that some people get cravings triggered with sweets, however everyone is different. And, actually, chocolate and wine do have decent nutrition, especially in moderation.

I think that, regardless of carb amount, consistency is always key. Your consistency is why you are successful. :)

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/8/17 7:17 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I also am approaching the 3 year mark. I don't think we need a lot of variety to keep ourselves nutritionally healthy. However variety is the spice of life & figure a little bit of change can't hurt. I figure as long as your labs are good & you keep track/stay on top of what you eat then you should be ok. Ditto Donna on keeping up with the supplements.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active