Hello my new VSG friends

mmsmom
on 2/28/18 8:05 am - Woburn, MA

Welcome! I had a band from 2007 to 2014 - it was great for a while, although I never got to my personal goal... then it started giving me alot of trouble. I had it removed in February 2014 and vsg in April. VSG is 1000X better!! No stuck episodes, no eating around the band, much easier to live with and I got to my goal in less than 1 year. I am almost 4 years out and am about 8 lbs over my personal goal, but at my surgeon's goal and couldn't be happier. I know I'm up the 8 lbs due to sugar and I know I need to cut it out of my life! I think you'll be happy with your choice.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Shannon S.
on 3/1/18 3:47 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Congrats! Welcome to OH! I know all too well what your wife is dealing with. I eventually had to have myblab band removed in an emergency surgery. The bugger completely obstructed me, and I couldn't even swallow my own spit. Encourage her to get that God awful thing out, and revise to VSG if she still has excess weight to lose. I waited 11ish years to consider surgery again and it was the best thing I could have done for myself. I wish I would have done it sooner. As for you, the nerves are fairly normal! I was a wreck, but realized after surgery I worked myself up for nothing! Obviously it's major surgery but major complications are rare. Best wishes!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 284 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views