The "Whoosh Effect"

Jester
on 5/1/18 2:33 pm
RNY on 03/21/16

Your "every day is a cheat day" really resonates with me. I've often said that one of the reasons I was able to finally tackle WLS and truly change my life is that by 42 years old I had more amazing and delicious food (or what I considered amazing and delicious food back then) than most people have the opportunity to consume in a lifetime! Kinda felt like I had already exceeded my lifetime quota ;-)

As a related side note, I actually feel the food I eat day-to-day now is far more amazing and delicious than most of the food I used to eat.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/28/18 6:17 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I believe in the "whoosh-effect", but I don't think you need a cheat meal to trigger it. However sometimes changing up what you are eating seems to help (ex: if I have been very low fat then have a day with higher fat but not necessarily more calories sometimes it seems to happen). Regardless I think it is just explaining the stair-step way in which many lose weight.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views