Discouraged

tdb033
on 6/26/18 1:01 am
VSG on 08/27/18

I would replace the chips with pork skins if you like them. No carbs and they have protein! They are a bit heavy of the sodium though so tread lightly.

B. Jones
on 6/19/18 7:54 am

Definitely tough to start again, I've been through this a few times now since my VSG in 09. I'm in the middle of losing a 90 lb regain (down 60) Frustrating when you feel like you got a hold of it and it's all figured out. Then somewhere along the way you let GO! I know I did :( You'll just have to stay the course, it sounds like your off to a great start though.

I've been doing Keto since January to lose my regain weight. High Fat, moderate protein, low carb, under 50 carbs trying to get under 25. I did read recently trying to find the right amount of protein is tricky. Even though your low on calories and sugar, too much protein and your body will convert the amino acids to glucose and use it as fuel.I would go back and check how much protein your getting, in case it's too much. I was doing 140-160 grams a day, but my surgeon told me 120-130 and eat more fat and cut down down my carbs lower than 25 to stay in Ketosis.

Wish you luck

hollykim
on 6/19/18 11:07 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 19, 2018 at 1:11 AM Pacific Time, missmichelle78 wrote:
I started a high protein no sugar or gluten diet under 1000 calories and have only lost 4 lbs (lost 5 gained 1) I don't drink soda or alcohol and have been exercising at least a half hour a day. I'm trying to lose my regain of 50lbs. It's so discouraging to not see the results I want. Any advice?

"gluten free" may not be enough. There are still carbs in gluten for products and carbs cause weight gain and no loss.

What is a days menu like for you?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/19/18 12:31 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

You may need to drop your calories back even further if you're not losing.

Gluten-free is not a magical weight loss cure; I wouldn't bother focusing on it. You need to be low CARB.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 68 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 253 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views