Wisdom from any sleevers who had BMI's over 50?

BoweryBetty
on 12/20/18 3:57 pm - San Francisco, CA

Thank you for your reply. CONGRATZ on your surgery! I appreciate this info. I hope to join you on the loser's bench soon :o)

Be safe and well, B.B.

BoweryBetty
on 12/21/18 11:12 pm - San Francisco, CA

CONGRATZ on your surgery success! Thank you for taking time to reply :o)

Be safe and well, B.B.

Shannon S.
on 12/24/18 7:07 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

My BMI was 62ish. I've lost 120 in a year. I still would like to lose 75 more pounds. My advice...know that the surgery doesn't solve all of your problems. You can eat a lot still with this surgery, and there are ways to eat around your new stomach. For instance, simple carbs like chips, crackers, and sweets go down very easily with no restriction. Stay focused, be protein forward, and don't graze.

BoweryBetty
on 12/26/18 8:17 pm - San Francisco, CA

Happy Holidays, Shannon. Thank you for the reply. I so appreciate the hard truth about this tool. Carbs and sugar are big "soothers" for my emotional eating. I don't want to fail.

Be safe and well, B.B.

Shannon S.
on 12/27/18 9:10 am
VSG on 11/07/17

Exactly, and it is really easy to go down the wrong path. I have found myself slipping a few times. However, even though not at goal, I can still confidently say this is one the best decisions I have made for myself.

Happy holidays!!

BoweryBetty
on 12/27/18 5:04 pm - San Francisco, CA

I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster right now getting ready for tests and other required appointments. Facing my carb and sugar addiction is a difficult door to walk through but I'm trying. One step at a time. I hope to join you on the loser's bench one day-- in the new year!

Happy New Year :0)

Be safe and well, B.B.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views