Any regrets?

Cynthia W.
on 10/18/19 2:33 pm
VSG on 03/22/17

No regrets whatsoever! I am 2 years and 7 months out, 112 pounds down and weight is at 132. I feel great, told that I look amazing and wouldn't change things for the world. My only regret was not doing it sooner!!

Neonanrs
on 10/22/19 11:45 am

I am a little over 4 years out from surgery and I have no regrets. I still can't believe that I am this small. This has been the best ride of my life and when I first started on this journey, I only had the support of the people on this site. My husband didn't approve and I didn't tell any of my family members. To this day they still don't know. All they know is I am on a low carb diet and have been successful for 4 years

Surgery date 9-23-15, SW: 212 CW: 125

Doctors goal reached in 6 months. Personal goal reached in 11 months

AlaskaLass
on 10/22/19 12:05 pm

I'm dreading talking with my husband. He's the "diet and exercise is the only thing you need!!" He stopped drinking soda and started Crossfit and dropped 50 lbs and 5 sizes. Me, I eat salad and drink water and gain a lb. So yeah, I'm worried about even mentioning it, but as my consult is on the 13th of November, I need to get to it.

He's basically pissed off at me for 20 years of "you only complain about your weight, you never loose!" and it has affected everything.

Thank you for your reply and I'm so happy you have been doing well!!

Neonanrs
on 10/22/19 2:25 pm

You are doing this for health reason. The fact that you will look sexier afterwards is just a bonus. I told my husband of 23 years that this was a hard decision for ME. He did not come to any of the meetings to support me and I was fine with that because I am strong. He now enjoys what he sees and tries to keep me on track. But I keep myself on track. It has been very easy for me because I like the way I look and I don't have any health problems. Win, win

You have to make the decision for yourself and let his feelings about it catch up to yours. He will be supportive later.

Surgery date 9-23-15, SW: 212 CW: 125

Doctors goal reached in 6 months. Personal goal reached in 11 months

AlaskaLass
on 10/22/19 2:40 pm

Thank you! I will remember this for me! I appreciate you so much!!!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views