Spanx and Body Shapers

amber1982
on 5/20/11 3:56 am
So I have lost a ton of weight about 140 lbs...yay me! So now I'm dealing with saggy skin, yes it is a reality. I dont have a huge amount but just enough to be annoying and it shows through when I try to wear a slim dress. Anyone have any advice or recommendation regarding Spanx or any other body shapewear? I hear a lot about shapewear rolling down or squeezing leg fat which makes it even worse than before so looking for personal experiences with it, Thanks! -Amber
Surgery Date: October 5, 2009

jenna F.
on 5/20/11 8:00 am
 My favorite thing is about $15 max and I get it at Walmart, looks like a corset. Works great and doesn't roll. I do have spanx but it rolls and you can see the lines on my thighs in dresses and pants. 

Kim S.
on 5/22/11 11:44 pm - Helena, AL
I swear by the Spanx higher power panty.  It comes up to your bra and mid way on the thighs.  You should buy them by the size chart on the back.

I've never had an issue with mine rolling, and I cannot see the line on my thighs.

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 5/23/11 8:08 am - Belleville, IL
I find that the Assets from Target and the stuff Walmart sells to be awesome!

They make a kind of "one piece" type thing, but I prefer the cami/muscle type shirt and the high waisted briefs...

I have never had problems with them "rolling" and I do serious bodybuilding/weightlifting in them as well... Good luck!

Warmly,
Jackie

Pamela S.
on 5/26/11 1:54 pm - Montgomery Village, MD
I have to agree with Just Ducky.  I wear the Assets from Target -- after two years I found that out of all the other they hold and breath the best.  High-waist footless.  Does not roll down and since the nylon goes to below the knees it smooths the whole leg.  Also, I wear a fitted cami with a shelf bra.  It helps to smooth the upper half, hold in the wings under the armpit/above the bra line and just give me a smoother look.  I know that layering for some is a terrible thing but give it a try.  If you have a Sams Club in your area you can get a two pack cami with shelf bra for about 12 bucks.  Assorted colors and sizes.  So a low cut shirt will reveal a nice colored top under.  

AButterfly
on 5/31/11 2:12 am
 spanx.. the real one, without the seams.. works wonderful.. i wear it to work out to keep everything tight (even though honestly and thankfully, i dont really have much loose skin) but it doesn't roll up or down... hope that helps... 
"Just when the caterpillar thought its life was over... it became A Butterfly"     5'8

SW: 250lbs.. GW: 140.. Goal in 9 months.. LW: 114lbs.. CW: 130lbs.. New GW: 120lbs..

Most Active
Recent Topics