HCG diet after RouxNY???

gpsings
on 6/27/11 9:07 am - GA
I know I don't post here much, but I had my WLS in 2005 and I've struggled with that last 40 pounds over the last few years. I started HCG, but my losses are slow. Who else has done HCG after gastric bypass, and what advice do you have? (If you aren't really knowledgeable about it, remember...lots of people warned about the evils of the surgery too. I've done my research, I don't think it's evil.)
Kim S.
on 6/27/11 11:14 pm - Helena, AL
I've read up on this and there is as much pro info as there is con data. (A friend's daughter is doing it, so I was curious)  I don't think it will hurt you, so if you think it will work for you, give it a shot (pun intended!).

However, don't be fooled by "get thin quick" gimmicks.  They are also going to want you to follow a restricted diet and exercise.....these are probably the culprits that contribute to the actual weight loss.  You know as well as I do that the only way for long term weight loss and maintenance is to eat less and move more.  Period.

If HCG really worked on its own, there would be no obese people on the planet.

Kim

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/29/11 6:45 am
I think the directions really stress the food restrictions - not only the calories but all the other supplements and ever skin care items. (i.e. no skin cream allowed). In the pamphlet they mentioned that even a slight modification from the diet may cause the program not to work.
Not sure what form of the HCG you take, but apparently only the injections from a good source may work. Pills, etc - have questionable benefits.
Keep us posted if the program work for you.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Betsy C.
on 7/12/11 9:40 am - Efland, NC
I just responded to someone else's post about this.  I have been on the drops since late April and have lost 30 lbs.  No side effects, no hunger, lots of energy, and great weightloss.  BUT, it only works if you do exactly as it says.  I follow the eating plan to a T.  500 calories a day, and very specific about what you can have.  If it's not on the list, you don't eat it.  I know many people who have lost all the weight they want to lose, and have maintained their losses without difficulty. 

I had RNY in 2003, and lost to my goal weight, but starting in mid-late 2005, the weight began creeping back at about 10 lbs per year.  When it reached 60 lbs this past year I knew I had to do something drastic.  I was honestly considering a revision surgery until a friend told me she had lost quite a bit of weight on the drops/diet plan, and was having no difficulty keeping it off.  I have since learned of at least 100 more people who are doing the same - both men and women. 

People can say what negative things they want about it, but it works, and for me it was either that or go under the knife again.  I have no problem turning prople on to the drops (which I purchase through Omnitrition, a reputable company that has been in business for many, many years) since they've watched me lose weight almost as fast as I did after WLS.  Besides, Dr. Oz wouldn't even condemn it on his show after his wife lost weight successfully on it. 

Ask me any questions you'd like.

Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

ukfannfl
on 7/22/11 1:55 am - Jacksonville, FL
Thanks for that response Betsy.   I will be starting the shots next week.  I had the DS in 2005, a revision due to diarrhea issues in 2009 and have put on about 45 pounds since the revision.  Of course, my doctor told me that I would gain since that's usually the reason that people have revisions to the DS - too much weight loss.   I had lost enough weight, but was constantly having to go to the bathroom and it didn't fit my active mountain biking/kayaking lifestyle.  

I have heard of people having great results with HCG.  I don't know how my DS and revision will play into the plan, but I hope to have success.   I don't see a problem adhering to the food choices, but eating out will be a pain.  I'm trying to find every restaurant in town that offers a shrimp ****tail and side salad.   I think that boiled shrimp and spinach or lettuce with some lemon will be okay.

Here goes....
deborah_lockwood
on 4/30/14 12:33 pm

hi . i also had wls  gastric sleeve 2 yrs ago.lost 70 lbs .gained back 15 . decided to do hcg inj. and have lost the 15 and then some .im on the maint. phase  and doing great .im now 130 lbs from 214 bef surg,and life is grand . want to go down 8-10 more so i have room to gain or lose and am now doing my shakes again during this phase  with my bariatric drs approval as well as the hcg drs ok. i love this so far. had a sugar day yest but hope a steak day will fix that.

Betsy C.
on 8/6/11 11:54 pm - Efland, NC
Just thought I would post an update: I have now lost 39 pounds of my 60 lb regain with the hCG drops since April 26th.   I will be on this round another few weeks, and then anticipate doing another round in mid-September to lose the last of the regain.  I continue to be amazed how well these drops work!  

Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

jewelcrown
on 8/19/11 8:31 am
My doctor has given me the green light to try this.  Where are you purchasing the drops?
Had surgery in 2004.... loss 110 lbs... never got to goal, gained back 40 lbs.
Open to try almost anything within reason.  Thanks for your response and congrats on your success.

Jewel

deborah_lockwood
on 4/30/14 12:35 pm

you did awesome . have u kept it off to date/

gpsings
on 8/7/11 6:07 am - GA
I went ahead and went on it, and lost 24 pounds in my first round. I would still like to lose about another 20, but I've been really impressed with WHERE I lost it. in my actual waist and hips! I went down weight that I've lost before, but this time I also went down 2 sizes. I'm still on a running program, so I'm contemplating whether or not to do another round. So far it's been really easy to maintain the loss. :)
Most Active
Recent Topics