Accountability - Friday

Not the Same Dawn
on 7/15/11 11:15 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
Still with the not sleeping..I have things on my mind that are waking me up in the middle of the night. I think the best that I can muster is 5 or 6 hours at a stretch..Hopefully, the stress will be gone soon..

5:30 am 12 oz coffee w/NSA Swiss Miss

6:00 am 1/4 serving protein waffles, 1/2 large apple, 1/3 serving sf pancake syrup

6:30 am double espresso latte..(2 oz espresso, 1/2 cup plain soy milk frothed)

7:00 am 24 oz herb tea, Lipton Vanilla Truffle

8:15 am 1 oz cheddar cheese, 1 pc turkey ham deli meat

9:00 am 24 oz drink mix with ice, GV Orange

10:00 am 3 oz pork chop from left overs

12:00 pm 12 oz decaf with half n half

12:45 pm salad: 3 oz pork chop from left overs, 1 cup lettuce, 1 cup spinach, 1/2 tomato, 1 oz zesty italian dressing

1:30 pm 24 oz drink mix with ice, GV Energy Wild Strawberry Caffeinated

2:15 pm 24 oz drink mix with ice, Lipton Mandarin & Mango

2:45 pm 1 hard boiled egg

3:30 pm 24 oz drink mix with ice, Wylers Raspberry Lemonade

4:30 pm 24 oz drink mix with ice, Natural Peach Green Tea

6:00 pm 4 oz tilapia, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes, 1 cup salad with honey dijon dressing  
6:15 pm another 2 oz of tilapia cuz my hubby couldnt' finish his..gotta love tilapia!

Totals for the day: 
Calories: 1424
Fat: 68.0
Carbs: 73.7
Protein: 136.0

Now those are stellar numbers! I think I can have a 100 calorie pack of kettle corn popcorn tonight..Probably alittle later..

How did you do? 
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
webinfochick
on 7/15/11 11:23 am, edited 7/15/11 11:30 am - brunswick, GA
I understand the not sleeping. It is weird..I am either sleeping too much or not enough. Today was a very stressful day at work. It is amazing, but I am working to try to keep to a low-carb/high protein diet.

almond milk     70 5.0 4.0 2.0  
Unjury Chocolate Protein Powder     200 1.0 8.0 40.0  
Chicken, breast, roasted, broiled, or baked     133 5.2 0.0 20.1  
Lettuce, raw   cup 8 0.1 1.6 0.5  
Tomatoes, raw    wedge (1/4 of medium tomato) 6 0.1 1.2 0.3  
Cucumber, raw    slice 2 0.0 0.3 0.1  
Salad dressing, KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing   2 tbsp 109 11.1 1.8 0.1  
Shrimp, cooked   1 cup 209 3.4 1.8 40.0  
Pistachio nuts   40 136 11.0 6.5 5.1  
Almonds, roasted   10 129 11.7 3.8 4.5  
Pork skins   2 serving 160 10.0 0.0 18.0
Alicia
5'5"
240/133/125

Not the Same Dawn
on 7/15/11 11:38 pm - BEE EFF EEE, CA
When you get detoxed from the bad carbs be sure and come back for the good ones..salad, veggies, fruits..be sure and get those things in cuz they're good for you but I totally get the low carb/high protein..with the pouch they've made inside of us, that usually gets the system working the way it should..Be SURE to get enough water with high protein..high protein is rough on the ol kidneys..and not in giant single doses..all throughout the day. I was reminded about that earlier this week and did a little search on it.. You can wash the electrolytes out of your system by taking in giant amounts of water all at once..so throughout the day, sip sip sip..

You're doing awesome. You got all sorts of protein. Shrimp and fish are excellent sources!

Keep up the good work. See ya.

angienichole
on 7/15/11 12:39 pm
That's not good to not be sleeping... It really stinks when you can't! You might try limiting your caffiene? Just a thought... Sometimes when I am laying there awake, stressing... I use that time to talk to God and pray. Often times, I will just repeat the Lord's Prayer until I fall asleep. Another thing I will do is take some Tylenol PM. I don't like to do that often, because it makes it harder to wake up in the morning...

breakfast egg casserole (it had turkey sausage, egg, peppers, onions, bread, potatoes and cheese) I didn't eat too much of the bread part, but the rest was delish
1/2 Turkey and cheese sandwich using the sandwhich thin round things...
1 cup cucumber/onion/vinegar salad (I love that stuff)
2 popsicles
2 Servings Pita chips and hummus
1/2 cup cucumber/onion/vinegar salad
2 TBSP Peanuts (roasted, unsalted)
1 4oz tilapia
1/2 cup Cheese tortellini and alfredo sauce
WW Ice Cream Candy Bar

Still working on getting my water down today. I have been a VERY good girl with getting all my vitamins down though! :)
48lbs lost PRE-OP -  LBL on 3/24/2011 -- 11lbs of skin removed! 

Not the Same Dawn
on 7/15/11 11:42 pm - BEE EFF EEE, CA
You are so right about the caffeine..I tried that earlier in the week and it didn't seem to have much of a difference but I keep an eye on it. It's just my ol brain and thoughts and wants keeping me awake..I want what I want when I want it and now that I'm trying to be healthy in mind AND body, I'm letting people know my wants rather than playing the victim and keeping quiet..so my brain screams at me from both sides when everything else is quiet..I need to be better at telling it to SHADUP..

ooo. Breakfast casserole..yum. and the cucumber salad..I was doing cucumbers, tomatoes, cilantro with zesty italian for a time (when cucumbers were 8 for a buck)..and that is just so refreshing with the weather so hot..

Awesome list..You did great..Keep up the good work. See ya.

morgansmommy
on 7/15/11 1:31 pm - Gig Harbor, WA
Hope the stress settles down and you can sleep. I have to be up early for an emergency management summit tomorrow; I will sleep in on Sunday!I keep the house cool at night to help with sleeping better and you could try a cup of sleepy time tea, I have done that in the past but try to limit fluids before bed so I do not have to wake up to potty.
0800-protein drink
1000-ww english muffin, eggbeater, and 2 thin crispy bacon
1200-apple
1400-deli turkey, rf cheddar, lettuce on a snadwich thin
1500-1/2 snickerdoodle
1800-papa murphy delite
2030-hungry! rf string cheese and rf wheat thins
all my water and such and I had an hour core training class; I am already sore!
I will know by the 22nd if I am for sure going to be laid off and then I have to wait until early September to find out if I will be laid off on round two in October. So far there will not be a round three.
Have a nice weekend everyone!
Not the Same Dawn
on 7/15/11 11:49 pm - BEE EFF EEE, CA
You just reminded me..I bet I have some of that sleepy time tea around here..I know I have chamomile..that would work good..It's all about stuff centered around my dad's passing back in May..And so I'm supposing and guessing what will happen with his estate and all. I guess it's all catching up with me..

Oh you're right about the fluids. I usually get up at 5 am and knew I had to go to the bathroom then..but this morning I forced myself to stay in bed and nap alittle longer..Finally at 6 am I just HAD to get up..I do drink a lot of water..LOL..

I was where you are back in May when they were looking at the deadline for laying us off for sure..The second deadline has passed..and the good news is no furlough days this year..I may be able to catch up on the credit card for the vet bill..yikes. I hope it's good news for you..I'll be praying for you for those two deadlines..

You did awesome! Keep up the good work and have a really restful Sunday! See ya.

Most Active
Recent Topics