Ten years later

Nancy S.
on 9/15/11 7:18 am - Windom, Mn
Well its been Ten years, all I can say is I wish I could of done  it when I was younger. Im down 171 lbs and have lost 12 in the last year. All I can say is get it done while you are young and enjoy your life. I did have a rough time at first. I dehidrated and ended up back in the hospital for a week, but then I also was 55 when I had surgery. Since then my health has been great.
tara_w
on 9/15/11 10:27 am - Canada
Awesome job Nancy! I am 3 years and a bit out, and hope to keep my weight off...you're an inspiration to keep the weight off!
Kim S.
on 9/15/11 11:36 pm - Helena, AL
Congrats on your long success!  I'm 2.5 years out and loving life!!

Kim

Nancy S.
on 9/16/11 7:23 am - Windom, Mn
At times it still makes me mad when so really tastes good and you just cant eat another bite.If you dont stuff to much food in that never changes. By now Im sure you know what I mean. I really dont understand how some people can put the weight back on. I eat anything I want.
randy S.
on 9/18/11 8:02 am - brooklyn, NY
Congrats. I am 13 yers out from proximal rny. Did u have a distal rny?
vixxen36
on 10/6/11 2:14 am - Anoka, MN
I am futher out like you and have never had any regrets!! I haven't regained my weight back, but I hear you when you really like something but can't eat another bite..
  Continued great health!!
cajungirl
on 9/16/11 6:33 am
Congratulations Nancy!  It's always nice to hear from others further out.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

ANewVee
on 9/19/11 2:12 am - TX
On September 15, 2011 at 2:18 PM Pacific Time, Nancy S. wrote:
Well its been Ten years, all I can say is I wish I could of done  it when I was younger. Im down 171 lbs and have lost 12 in the last year. All I can say is get it done while you are young and enjoy your life. I did have a rough time at first. I dehidrated and ended up back in the hospital for a week, but then I also was 55 when I had surgery. Since then my health has been great.
"All I can say is get it done while you are young and enjoy your life."

This just hit me like a ton of bricks. 

I'm in the middle of researching whether WLS is something I want and the worry that keeps running through my mind is that I'm young and this is permanent. If something goes wrong, I'd have to live the next 60 years of my life with the consequences of altering my body in such a way. 

But who's to say I'd live another 60 years? I'm 29 now with no comorbidities, but with diabetes and high blood pressure in my future if I continue down this path. 

One thing I know for sure is I don't want to even spend my 30s at this weight, let alone the rest of my life. So thank you for sharing your journey with us, and thank you for your words of wisdom. 

Most Active
Recent Topics