Where does everyone journal ?

Debra Welker
on 1/24/12 8:28 pm - Kaukauna, WI
I have been doing weigh****chers online but it only calculates points and doesnt break it down as far as proteins, carbs, and stuff like that. I looked at fitday and mydailyplate but couldnt figure out how they worked.
edie121
on 1/24/12 8:57 pm
I just started using the OH nutrition tracker yesterday and it is amazing! It
breaks down all your nutrients right down to how much caffeine you've had
that day! I'm not very computer savy and it was very easy for me to use. I
hope this helps!
Debra Welker
on 1/24/12 9:38 pm - Kaukauna, WI
Thanks so much. I did see that they have that. I hadnt been on OH for a while, is that something new?
edie121
on 1/24/12 9:47 pm
I'm not sure, I only joined in October and really just started using this site
recently. I found this site easy to use was using Spark but it was a lot of
work and like I said, I'm no computer whiz believe me!
Miss Candace
on 1/24/12 11:15 pm - San Jose, CA
i know - i wish i could use WW tracking tool, but it gets me off track b/c it doesnt calculate what i need.
i loved mydailyplate but livestrong has totally changed it so im lost on it now. fitday frustrated me.
ive also used calorie count on about.com every now & then, but i dont think im so good on that one either.
i recently started using the OH tracking tool - that seems to be working well so i'll probably continue w/ that one.

The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.     

Leslie P.
on 1/25/12 3:22 am - Yucca Valley, CA
This may be the long way 'round but from the beginning I have gotten nutritional totals from Livestrong and written them down on index cards and kept them in a little recipe box that I organize in a box.  I then keep my own journal and write in it and total daily.  It is very OCD but I feel involved and accountable when and as I do it.  I also feel, for me, that it is more accurate.  When I make something new, I breakdown the recipe and total out the ingredients for the entire recipe and then divide the entire thing up by it's servings.  This way I can see if it is even worth making based on the protein versus other nutrients.  So far it has worked.  I have spent too much time flying blind when it comes to food.  It seems that any time I go out there not planning or preparing I get into trouble.  Again, this is just what has worked for me.
   High Weight:  394                     Surgery Weight:  345

Here's to never forgetting where I came from so I never have to return...
Not the Same Dawn
on 1/25/12 11:08 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
I journal and have used Fitday for about 5 years..I've got my custom foods put in..generally speaking if I'm too lazy to figure my own recipes out for the stats, I'll go to food.com and find a similar recipe and use that..My protein waffles I put in as separate ingredients and because I eat the same waffles several times a week I can pull up all my recently eaten things and re-use them..fitday works for me but it does take some setting up.
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
MarshaAnne
on 1/25/12 11:32 pm
I use Fitday and love it.  I can use it on my desktop, but I never do.  I use it on my iPod since that's usually always with me.

~ Marsha - RNY January 29, 2008

highest weight 297 (5'0")

Day of surgery weight 272

lowest weight 169

current weight 184

nightof
on 1/26/12 9:14 am
I can't be at a computer all the time because I have a 15 month old who is in her "destroyer of all things" stage...but I do have an android smart phone and I use "Calorie Counter" app for it.  It has almost any food you can imagine on it, and if it doesn't you can easily add a food to it.  You can also track weight loss and exercise there.  Has a nice easy access widget as well. So I just keep my phone handy! It tracks what you want to track so I have Calories, Fat, Carbs and Protein :) Highly recommend it!
2muchfluff
on 1/26/12 1:47 pm
 I use the nutrition tracker on here.  It works very well for me.  I have used it since day one.

Most Active
Recent Topics