Sick and Tired of being Sick and TIred

severman
on 3/3/14 8:47 am - Indianapolis, IN

I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time!  It has been 11 years of pure misery!!!!  I used to live on pain meds, but went off of them four months ago to start nursing school.  But the pain has gotten so bad that I need them again.  Now my pain doctor wants me to attend six weeks worth of classes.  Problem is that those classes are on the same days as my nursing classes.  So now I have to find a new pain doctor.  

I tried to instead of going on pain meds I tried to get my bariatric doc and/or GI doc to go in and cut out the adhesions causing the pain.  But because of the 13 abdominal surgeries I have had, no wants to touch me.  Instead they tell me to live with the pain!  The GI threw Valium at me and it is a joke, it doesn't even touch the pain!!!

I wish they would just go in and reverse the surgery!

Stephanie E

Amy R.
on 3/5/14 10:24 am

I read this earlier this week and I've been pondering how to answer.  Assuming you're not a troll - and I  dont' think  you are - I first want to offer my condolences on your truly horrific experiences.

Which surgery did you have?   What were your other 12 surgeries for?  You do know that the more surgeries you have to your abdomen/intestines the more scar tissue will continue to develop, right?  Could that be why no one wants to go back in for the 14th time? 

How would a revision fix your pain from scarring and adhesions? 

I'd really like to hear more about this because your post is fairly dramatic and I like to understand what happens to folks outside of average as I am decidely outside of average myself.  Feel free to PM if you would be more comfortable, but frankly I think it might help others here if they could see our dialogue.

Jen Lyn
on 3/7/14 10:18 pm
RNY on 11/11/13

I understand being sick and tired of being sick and tired. This is a phrase I have used for 5 years now.  I am sorry the surgery didn't have a successful outcome.  I can imagine it would make me very angry and frustrated.

If several surgeons are refusing to do another surgery, I would accept that surgery might not be an option.  You must focus on finding another way to deal with the pain.

Most Active
Recent Topics