Needing a re-boot

mamatothree
on 10/27/14 4:17 pm - Charleston, SC

I had my VSG in October of 2011. I lost about 100 lbs and was so happy! I have since gained about 10 lbs back but have kept the rest off. I had a large amount of excess skin around my abdomen and was getting rashes frequently. After seeing a surgeon, I found out I had a diastasis too. I was able to get my insurance company to approve the removal of the skin (yeah!) and went ahead and had the surgeon fix the diastasis too, which I paid for, but now it's done. The surgeon said he removed almost 4 lbs of skin (wow!) and I'm still about 8-10 lbs from where I want to be and I've realized I haven't been sticking to the food plan the way I should. Any suggestions to help regain my motivation (no sugar, low carbs, etc....) and the tightness I felt after surgery initially? I've been really consistent with logging my food on myfitnesspal but just need some motivation. Please help! Any books that have worked? Food plans that have worked? I'm pretty open. Thanks in advance!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

lowbmidoinit
on 10/28/14 3:30 am
VSG on 12/26/12

I'd love to say I have a suggestion, recipe or book... but I find myself in the same place as you.  I would love to hear others' suggestions though.  And also gain some fellowship... oh what I would do for the tightness to be back.

Gwen M.
on 10/28/14 6:41 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Go back to eating meals that consist of dense protein for the tightness thing.  As for motivation?  I don't know, that's sort of a personal thing!  Make a list of what motivates you and stick it to your mirror so you see it every day.  Get an awesome dress that's a size to small.  See a therapist.  Sign up to race a 5K.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Sohappywithlife
on 11/4/14 8:21 am, edited 11/4/14 8:24 am

I'm in the same boat- I had my surgery Jan 2011, lost 123 pounds, but have been going back and forth between those 23 pounds. I'm really uncomfortable and my clothes are tight as I'm at the top of the 23 pounds again. I know I need to get back on track- part of me is resisting because the last diet I went on with my hubby was this year right before our wedding. We did the 21 day fix- their diet plan and no simple carbs at all, including alcohol, and exercising to their tapes every single day. We did it for 40 days and I lost 12 pounds. He lost 25!  It was brutal and I thought I'd feel awesome, but I was exhausted all of the time. I think it was too much exercise and not meant to be done so long.

As of 1 week ago, I've since gained it all back. I just need to re-focus and do something not so extreme. :)

I would say definitely track what you eat and do it throughout the day so you can head it off if getting too high in calories towards the end of the day. Limit simple carbs. 

Switch your focus on something other than food, or have a cup of hot tea to see if that helps. 

Limit alcohol. I've tried eliminating completely, but it just makes me pissy when I know I can't have something. 

If anyone has any ideas on exercise videos that are less than an hour, focus on weight loss and easy on the knees, would love to hear!

TammyGirl1
on 12/1/14 5:44 am - Oakley, CA

Hello, I had my sleeve about 6 years ago and also saw the weight creep back on at about 2.5 years. I was up about 12 pounds and went back to basics. Dense protein first with minimal to no carbs which helped big time. I also found that I was no longer hydrating like I had when in the losing phase. Once I started drinking h2o between meals I continue to feel full longer. I got down 7 pounds but also found that if I fall off track I can regain real quick. My personal wow was when I was within .5 pounds of being 'overweight' again. I told myself I would never get there. Seeing the scale made me jumpstart my motivation. Here is what I am doing:

• dense protein first at meals
  • limit carbs or cross them off list completely if possible
  • stay hydrated between meals
  • consistant workouts (I workout every day of the week)..allows me to justify my wine :-)
  • log your food/activity on an ap*****tebook
  • weigh daily to stay accountable
  • find AND attend as many support groups as possible. I go to a monthly meeting and attend Weigh****chers. Since I am in normal weight range, I am Free for life now
  • Every once in a while reflect on why you went through all this. It was worth it and you are worth it!!!!!!!!!

TT, BL/BA, Lipo, FG/Booty, and small TLcompleted with DR Sauceda
SW 201 / GW 134 / LW 129 / CW 137.6
http://tammygirlsjourney.blogspot.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics