Weight Gain/taking it off 15 years Out

Boppie2012
on 9/29/18 6:02 pm - Dunedin, FL

Hi,

im rejoining this forum too after being gone way too long and regaining 50 of my 110 pounds.

nycmisee
on 10/3/18 10:51 am - Chesapeake, VA

Me too .. I'm 9 years out and @ my scary weight of 207 !!! I need a WL Buddy

allbygrace
on 12/3/18 10:35 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Well..... I'm back as of Dec. 1 on this website. I will be going on here daily now for support. I just saw your comment where you were asking if I still needed a partner. ..... YES!!! I sure could use a partner to talk to and ask questions and get ideas. If you are still willing let me know. :) Good luck to you as well!!

insideout
on 10/8/18 10:24 am

I'm 14 1/2 years out from having my rny about 2 years ago I started to gain some of my weight back but I also stop my workout routine so I know that it had a lot to do with my weight gain. For about 3 months now I started to have so much hair loss that I knew was not normal. Keep telling the doctors but they said my lab work looked good. Finally my pcp order lab work the antinuclear antibody panel. Will my results came back I was to see a specialty got a positive result for sjogren's syndrome. So along with the hair loss I was having constant diarrhea which I knew was not normal. Made another appointment to see my pcp dr. but the assistance was the one who saw me. Told him what was going on with me and he ask if I had ever gotten the UREA breath test I told him no. So I did the breath test and it came back positive for H. Pylori bacteria is known to cause a peptic ulcer. I always had discomfort after eating no matter what I ate had bloating burping nausea and I had notice that sometimes it was relieved by eating and taking antacid medications. But never did I have the weight loss, for me I gained weight from 120 to 160. Just started my doses of methyprednisolone tables and a whole bunch of Lansoprazole amoxicillin and clarithromycin 4 weeks supply. This week i feel so much better and hopefuly this will take care of my health problems so I can get back on track.

kenito555
on 12/20/18 1:08 pm

Hi, I'm back on here as well, I'm 15 yrs post-op. I've gained about 30ish pounds during this time and I'm super scared of not taking action. I can eat pretty much everything in smaller quantities but I'm still eating way more than when I first had surgery. I think since we were "told" to snack at the beginning to get our protein, my portions are bigger but the snacking has remained. Clearly I can eat my protein on my 3 meals. Has anyone stopped snacking all together at a certain point after surgery and seen results?

brenlee1965
on 1/1/19 4:34 am - New Berlin, NY
Oh my; that would have scared me, too. My Iron tanked at one point (where it was so low that it didn't read as if I had any). I, too, had to have Iron IV's for five weeks in a row and then the Iron showed when tested; although very low. It is something that I have not gone back to get checked; but it's 2019 and I think I need to get back on track with my Labs, back to eating better, back to losing some of this re-gain (preferably all of it), and getting more movement in my day. Looks like many of us have had some regain. I would love to have someone to bounce ideas off (that understands what RNY is and how it affects me on a daily basis). The support group here in NY is quite a distance from me and since I work four 10 hr days; not convenient for me to attend. I want to join this fight for our weight to be gone and getting our water, vitamin, and movement under control once again! WHO wants to start and how do we all get started....I AM IN!!!!!!
 Bren                
Most Active
Recent Topics