Intro. / First day of my liquid diet and I'm STARVING!!!!!!

cdarragh
on 10/22/11 10:20 am - Abilene, TX

Hello, My name is Cristy and I'm 22, 6' 1", and 316# (been in a size 22/24 since I was 14!), and have my VSG scheduled for November 2nd!!!!!! I'm super pumped about it. My mom had the bypass a few years back and she has lost almost 200 lbs, so I know how much WLS can change your life!! So....

I started on my liquid diet today and since about 4 o'clock my stomache has not stopped growling at me! (It's so annoying!!) Does it get any easier to NOT think about how much I want a piece of my husbands pizza when I'm drinking a protien shake???? I suppose I just need to vent some. I have no intention of 'cheating' but I know that the next week and half is going to be some kinda hard on me! I'm like everyone else on here, being able to see the before/after pics help more than words can express!

Cristy

smiley_k
on 10/23/11 8:09 am
 Hi Cristy! Congrats on your upcoming surgery! 
I'm sorry to here that you are having a hard time with the preop drinks.... but the good news is it does get easier. I was one shakes for 3 weeks before surgery and once I got through the first week, I found that it wasn't so bad. Some tips to make it a little easier is to pace out your shakes and take them at specific times, rather than when your hungry. I HAD to have four shakes a day according to my doctor so I had one at 8am, 12pm, 4pm and 8pm. Having them on a schedule like this made it easier knowing that there was only a few hours between each shake and helped with the hunger. Also, for the first few days, I made sure I was in a different room when people were eating, especially if they were having one of my favourite foods. Hope this helps! Good luck!  
Katie  ♥     

cdarragh
on 10/23/11 10:45 pm - Abilene, TX
Thanks!

That is my plan to schedule them out like that. I know that, at least on the weekends, getting my water in inbetween shakes is difficult so that didn't help me any. But at work I will be able to drink inbetween shakes like I should. thanks for the words of advice!!
HW: 355 SW: 322 GW: 160 HT: 6'1"

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/11 12:37 am - RI
Hi Cristy!

WELCOME and congrats on your first step towards your new life.

I'm sorry your having trouble with this phase... trust me, it sucks.

I always give this advice: NURSE the **** out of your protein shakes... drink LOTS OF WATER... a cleanse is also helpful because it helps you with the detox process..

You CAN get through this... keep your head up! 
cdarragh
on 10/24/11 1:28 am - Abilene, TX
Thanks!

I think you had mentioned something about a cleanse on another post and I wanted to ask what would be good to get?? What worked for you?

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/11 6:24 am - RI
The cleanse both me and my father use (he is also post-op RNY) is this:

Optimum Health Nutrition Detox and Cleanse

IT IS 100% NATURAL INGREDIENTS (TREE BARK..ETC).

IT EVEN SAYS ON THE BOTTLE THAT IT HELPS "SCRAPE" OFF BUILT UP CRUD OFF OF YOUR INTESTINE WALLS.

I USED THIS DURING THE PRE-OP PHASE...AND IT HELPED A LOT!!!! I DIDN'T FEEL SO HUNGRY ALL THE TIME AFTER I DID THAT.

cdarragh
on 10/24/11 6:33 am - Abilene, TX
Thanks! I'll have to get some!

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 456 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2195 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4100 views