Birth Control

apryldee
on 11/17/11 4:25 am - houston, TX
I had the nuva ring after surgery tried it b4 but it was to hard to insert until i got smaller. I liked it, After having my baby I chose to get the mirana iud so i didnt have to remember to take something or change anything, I love my iud. I would suggest taking tylonal b4 going as there is cramping involved but its not bad. The IUD is what I wanted b4 i got pregnant but my ob wouldnt do it until you had one. So my little accident happend not on purpose but i ended up with the bc i wanted.

SW 280/ SW 266/ PPW 175/ CW 185

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal picture

MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 11/17/11 5:17 am, edited 11/17/11 5:21 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12
I have been looking into Mirena as well. It might be a problem for you and it will hurt really bad. I had a son in 2009 and my doctor told me it wasn't the best idea to put the implant and she told me this 2 weeks after I had given birth. I mean I figured that point would be good to ask considering the lady parts are pretty open and  unaffected at that point. LOL. She said it would be really hard to insert correctly if you haven't recently had children via natural birth (i had a c section) so I opted not to do it. I have been using the Today Sponge and I love it so far. It is a little bit of a hassle taking it out but you can leave it in for about 24 hours and they are pretty cheap...$15 for a 3 pack. I have been looking into Mirena again though because I don't want to have to hassle with taking the sponge out anymore. Tell me what you find out about Mirena because I had issues "opening" up when I was having my son which is why my doc didn't think it would be the best option for me...I am now curious to find out what you come up with regarding Mirena.

NOTHING tastes as GOOD as SKINNY FEELS...

Starting Pre-Op Weight: 305     Weight On Day of Surgery: 297 

apryldee
on 11/17/11 9:46 am - houston, TX
i had a csection and got the iud 2 months after she was born. i never dialeted or anything. it was a lil uncomfortable but manageable so it can be done even if u didnt open up.

SW 280/ SW 266/ PPW 175/ CW 185

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal picture

csiaj90
on 11/17/11 9:16 am
I have the Mirena. My OB/GYN agreed to insert it, even though I have not had a child before. He had to inject my cervix with something to dilate it a little bit in order to allow for a more comfortable insertion. I did have cramping the first two days or so, followed by a few days of on and off again spotting. Since then, I haven't had my period It's been three years now. I wouldn't change my decision for the world. The few days of cramping were really not too bad...
KFA3
on 11/17/11 10:24 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I got Mirena a week before my RNY (almost 3 years ago) and I've had no issue with it.
themelber
on 11/28/11 10:35 am - hanover, IN
i had the patch but it had such bad reviews and it burned and i was really cramping and had bad mood swings. now i dunno wat i'm gonna use.
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 472 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2226 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4119 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6675 views