What Are The Odds!!!

rebecca333
on 3/31/10 3:34 am - Guthrie, OK
Ok I am new to all of this and hoping to have RNY done in april. I have not told anyone at my office yet for a number of reasons. But today I find out that my Dr. is bringing lunch for all the doctors I work for. My stomach got so upset at the thought that he might see me and talk to me, then what would everyone say.... I know its stupid but I am still self conscience about it. I work with 25 women who gossip all the time. I think I will be spending my lunch in my office hiding.
funnursechick
on 4/7/10 3:35 pm - MS
Hopefully he is smart enough to remember a little thing called HIPPA. Legally, he cannot say anything in front of others and surely he would be professional enough not to do so. Best of luck.

Elisa H.

Alyssa P.
on 4/13/10 3:32 pm - Twin Cities, MN
I can completely relate... I work in medical billing and we call people ahead of time to collect their deductibles, etc.  When I had my initial nutritionist appt at the bariatric center, my co workers took note of it and began talking about it.  Some close friends of mine overheard one person in particular gossiping to a couple others "Did you know Alyssa is having gastric bypass???? I did not know that!"  (huge HIPPA violation) ugh.  And the week before I started my liquid diet, word got around that I was going to be off for the next 2 weeks for surgery.  (that was 2 weeks ago..... my surgery is 4/21) 

I finally decided it wasn't worth being frustrated about.  People talk - although they shouldnt... they do.  And for me, this is something that eventually I will not be hiding.  These people see me doing the liquid diet; and they'll see me eating the pureed foods; and they'll see the weight melt away.... there is no hiding it.  I finally decided that if anyone wanted to ask me about it, I would be happy to discuss it.  All the rumors that are going around - I just let them run their course.  It was kind of fun when they all thought I was going to be gone for my surgery; and showed up at work bright eyed and bushy tailed.  :P
Alyssa  
"Adopt the secret of nature.  Her secret is patience." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Most Active
Recent Topics