NERVOUS!!!!

meszler
on 4/14/10 12:26 pm
I was fine with everything until now..............now that is set I am getting nervous. Not about the new lifestyle or the challenge of it.  But it is the actually surgery.  I watched a live procedure on orlive.com but that didn't help.  The last surgery I had, I had a very difficult time waking up, maybe that is the problem.  But finally a surgery date!
healthierme1
on 5/16/10 2:52 am - Marble Falls, TX
RNY on 05/03/10 with
Hey there!  I just this second joined this site and found your posting.  I, too, had issues with anesthesia prior to my RNY.  I had a nice meeting with the anesthesiologist prior to my surgery and we discussed EVERYTHING.  What do you know!  My RNY went great and there were absolutely NO issues with the anesthesia.  Congratulations on your date!  Consider perhaps a meeting.  I am very glad I did!  I wish you all the best!
Jennifer
Miss_Kitty
on 6/4/10 4:17 pm - New Bedford, MA
Anestesia is very scary! ( I know I probably spelled that word wrong, but this site is giving me major problems today that I can't even do a spell check without everything messing up......sorry)

I remember having my gall bladder removed about 10 years ago and when I was waking up, I received my hearing first. I was in the recovery room and they were calling my name for me to wake up. I was awake, but I couldn't move, talk, or anything. Thankfully, they noticed because they mentioned they saw me trying to wake up....then I finally did. This only lasted about 5-10 seconds, but it sure felt longer!

My last surgery was a panniculectomy/hernia repair back in February. I had no problems waking up this time, but I did get sick from the anestesia (ugh......here we go again with that word!) My dad had problems with anestesia too and he had several surgeries and made it through.

They are constantly updating and improving meds like that mentioned above.

Be sure to mention your concerns with your surgeon and anestesiologist. I am sure they will find one that will work for you. Take care and God bless.

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics