New to this forum

Onmyweightohappine
ss

on 6/11/10 2:10 pm - Houston, TX
Hi Everyone,
I am fairly new to the site and just started checking out the different forums.
My name is Sarah, I am 29 yrs old ( I will be the big 3-0 in a few weeks, July 1) from Texas.
I have dealt with weight my entire life and until a year ago I felt like I have been in denial about some of it, last year I finally made the commitment I need to do something about it and seeked help. For the last 8 months I have been working towards completing all of my insurance requirements. I found out on Thursday that my insurance approved my surgery after only 4 days! Thursday I also got my surgery date, June 18th, next week! I will be having the RNY.
I am looking forward to meeting new people to help me with this journey.
bensmom526
on 6/12/10 8:07 pm - New York, NY
Congatulations...

I'm working on getting a date for July
Sounds like we're in the same boat
=o)
Onmyweightohappine
ss

on 6/13/10 2:34 am - Houston, TX
Congrats bensmom. I am excited and can't wait.
deborah N.
on 6/15/10 10:34 am - Bellmore, NY
congrats!! hi my name is deborah
good luck with this new journey..i just had lap band done last week..but i ll def be here for support!!

Pregnancy%20ticker

bensmom526
on 6/15/10 10:46 am - New York, NY
hey Sarah...

Wishing you the best on your surgery this Friday...

Please keep me posted
you'll be in my thoughts

~ There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly ~        
Onmyweightohappine
ss

on 6/16/10 7:13 am - Houston, TX
My sugery date got bumped up! June 17th now. They threw me thru a loop with that one! I go in tommorrow at 7am and have surgery at 9am and should be home on Saturday. I will keep yall posted!!!!!
Michelle B.
on 6/17/10 11:40 pm - TX
Well its the 18th i hope you are doing well not too much longer and you be on the losers beach.

Timothy S.
on 6/19/10 4:16 pm - Grand Rapids, MI
It is the 20th now. SO I hope your doing well.. congratulations!!
"Check out my High School Diaries 1
                         High School Diaries 2
                         High School Diaries 3
"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King

bensmom526
on 7/2/10 9:32 am - New York, NY
 Hi Sarah...

How did everything go?

Hope you are well..
Nancy

~ There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly ~        
Onmyweightohappine
ss

on 7/5/10 4:03 am - Houston, TX
Sorry I completely forgot a bout updating! Surgery went great on the 17th. I was in the hospital for 2 1/2 days and got to come home. First week was tough I am not even going to lie! But each day I felt better and better and that is what kept me going. 2nd week of recovery was great I felt good. I had my 2 week follow up last Friday with my surgeon and all looks good and I get to move to the 2nd phase of the diet. So far I am down 14 lbs and have lost inches everywhere. I think the inches shocked me more than anything! I am keeping a journal of my food I am eating to track my calories and proteins, also to try to track my fluids I am drinking and also my exercise. I need to really focus on my vitamins, not getting them all in thru out the day mainly the calcium but it will take some adjustment to get in the swing of things. But overall I can't not believe how much happier I feel, I never thought it would come this quickly. I don't regret this at all, in fact I am relieved I finally went thru with it.
The one thing to adjust too is the amount of food I can take in. Now that I am on more solid of foods I can totally tell the difference, I eat only about 1/4 of what I use to be able to eat! My goal is to stay under 1000 calories a day, and get my proteins in.
Thanks everyone!
 Follow my blog at:
onmyweightohappiness.blogspot.com/                             

Most Active
Recent Topics