New here

FireFightersWife
on 7/16/10 3:52 pm

Hi, Just found this forum, I recently joined OH and waiting surgery date, which is expected soon.. I am nervous, and excited at the same time.. I fear the unknown I guess..

I am 33..I already got skin problems.. hope they dont get worse..and saggier.. but its better than the pain I am in now. I am doing RNY for my health.. for my kids.. I want to be there for them more than I can right now.

I got so many questions, but at same time..I read and get the answers everyone is already seeking..amazing..still got questions, but so busy reading and enjoying this site..
my heart goes out to all.. I found a place I can relate to on so many levels.

I am wondering about "angels" that are to be support system here? I seen where it asked if I would like one.. how does it work?

And to everyone who has sought this new life, or about to.. congratulations... I wish I could meet you all for taking such a big step and not giving up on your self.

Can add me as friend if interested, I am open to supporting all I can..

kbowman2
on 7/17/10 3:06 am
Glad to be your new friend.  FYI I'm turning 35 on the 30th of this month so I'm right there with you worrying about the sagging skin.  I know for sure I'm going to want my arms done (if I can get the insurance to pay for it) because I have wings and each pound I lose it gets worse!  However, I've seen some people who were as big as me and thier arms look great.  All the women in my family have these gigantic arms so I was doomed from the start.  LOL
I love this site too.  I try to come here every day to read posts and comment on things I have knowledge about. 
I am so happy you've decided to make this positive change for you and your kids.  I don't like to sugarcoat, so here's my disclaimer...the first month is REALLY TOUGH.  But, get past that and you feel like you can get past anything.  Then the weight will start falling off, you will start feeling better and you'll be happy....like me!

Best of luck and don't be a stranger!

Kim
Heaviest 397/ Before Surgery 367/ Lowest 170/ Current 185

FireFightersWife
on 7/17/10 1:17 pm

Hi Kim, 

Thank you for the encouragement. I been having up and down with nerves and driving my DH nuts..thankfully he has patience with me..so far..lol.. have you driven your better half nuts the first month? or leading up to the day?

I think I am going to handle the first month better with having so much more encouragement and and outlet here.. where others know exactly what I will be going through.. and I hope I dont drive anyone nuts..lol..

I wont be a stranger .. Thank you for being a friend..

lucky6
on 7/30/10 3:36 am - Minneapolis, MN
Much like you, I am close but still so far. I have completed all testing. Just need bloodwork and to lose 13 lbs. which feels like a nightmare.
We can hang in together!

Misty
FireFightersWife
on 7/30/10 8:58 am
Hi Misty,
   Thanks, sure we can hang in here together.. I need to drop 8-10 lbs more according to my Drs office for my insurance...I have all my testing dont too, Dr said she will do the Blood Work her self.. so dont know when.. I am waiting on surgery date.. they are to call me anyday now.. :) Im an getting anxious!
     HUGGS         
     TAMMY

~Failure is not trying~ Success is not given, but earned~
SW: 283lbs/HW: 287lbs/current 168lbs/NEWGOAL: 155lbs  
Living with PCOS/Fibromyalgia/Arthritis/MultipleSpinal-Hip Injuries/conditions
Hysterectomy 02/06/2012

Tammy T.
on 8/7/10 3:36 am
I too am new here! I have just begun my journey by going to the informational class. I am really glad to have found this forum!!

I too have chosen the RNY, mostly because insurance will pay for it and not the sleeve. I look forward to reading about your journey!!
FireFightersWife
on 8/8/10 9:10 am
Hi Tammy

Welcome! I didnt know about the sleeve before I started, and then I found out, wanted it, but insurance wont cover it.. ugh.. my first choice was lapband.. after tons of research.. I changed to RNY..
       I am honored to have you follow me as I go on this journey, I too look forward to yours as well.. good luck with everything!
ducie77
on 2/3/11 11:26 am - TX
i am new to this site as well and have a tentative date of feb 27th to have rny. i feel anxious as well and now that it is so close i find myself praying more too. i believe that God wil watch over us during and after surgery. i wish you many blessing during this journey and remember the best is yet to come.
franRN76
on 9/15/10 11:52 am - PA
Hiya.  I see that we joined about the same time. I am 34 and am having RNY.  Still just waiting for the date.  Should get a call anyday now.  CNP (nurse practioner) seemed to think it was gonna be b/t mid Dec/Jan.  Urrrrg. 

Most Active
Recent Topics