Hospital Stay

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/10 3:30 am - Southgate, MI
Hi Vets, and all future weight loss surgery people. I'm gathering up my stuff to pack and I'm curious as to what item you wish you had brought with you that you forgot to bring? I am a definite dork  and I'm trying to think of anything i might miss and probably over thinking. My surgery is Aug 10th. Thank you and i would love any and all support and suggestions.
nphelps4565
on 8/5/10 3:37 am - Belleville, MI
Just came across your post and noticed you are in Southgate, I am in Belleville.  Where is your surgery being done?

I am "hoping for surgery" candidate.  I went to the Barix Clinic in Ypsi last week, not AT all impressed with the doc there so I am shopping around for surgeons.  I would like to have the DS surgery, just curious where you are going?

Nice to meet you by the way My name is Nicole.
(deactivated member)
on 8/5/10 12:20 pm - Southgate, MI
Hi Nicole,

yeppers i'm a downriver rat.     For surgery i'm scheduled for Aug 10th for the RNY bypass with Dr Daniel Bacal with the Oakwood Baratrics Options at Oakwood Hospital in Dearborn Michigan.

Best of luck to ya in researching your doctors, you most definetly want to be happy and content with your surgeon.

Its a definte pleasure meeting you.

Catch ya later, Anne
nphelps4565
on 8/5/10 10:23 pm - Belleville, MI
Oh okay, I will have to research him also.  I am interested in the DS surgery, my sister had RNY a few years ago and she is doing and feeling great. 

Curious if you have lived in Southgate for life?  My boyfriend, Joe Burton went to Anderson High, guess it depends on your age probably if you would know him, he just turned 33. 

Aug 10th is a few days away, I bet you are sooo anxious and excited!!! Best of luck to you
(deactivated member)
on 8/8/10 1:53 am - Midlothian, TX
VSG on 06/15/10 with
a change of comfy clothes - like sweats and a t-shirt, easy slide on shoes (flip flops or house shoes).   books / magazines to read - your own pillow or blanket.

i was only in the hospital one night, so i watched some tv too.  

good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 8/8/10 7:42 am - Southgate, MI
Thank You for your advice. I will be sure to pack them. Alas i will be there at least two nights for sure.

nope i just moved to southgate last year so i don't know your hubby.
FireFightersWife
on 8/8/10 9:26 am
Hi Anne, 

Im a pre op, but had surgeries before with 2-5 days in hospital.. So maybe I can help..

one thing I seemed to forget is chapstick..or gloss.. but chapstick is recommended.. esp since for some reason lips get very dry while there.
here is a list I would take
1. Chapstick
2. fav Pillow
3. cards- never know if your awake for it, but nice to have for visitors too.
4. easy slide on shoes/slippers- bending was not an option
5. lotion- hospital soap ugh.. dries me out
6. easy on/off clothes.. I preferr a house dress/gown or spandex pants and oversized shirt
7. panties if you wear them- some dont. but make sure they are loose..
8. hair clip/scrunchie.. esp if your hair is longer.. helps keep off neck and out of way
9. deodorant
10. baby powder- thats my perferrance I powder always, and if I cant reach it. or in pain, I make hubby do it.. lol
11.  recorder/camera.. in case you want to document this- its very helpful
12. phone numbers- in case you family needs to let others know how your doing or if your concious enough to want to make a phone call.. most of the time its for family..lol..

thats pretty much it.. I usually wore the hospital gowns when I went in for any over nights, why dirty mine....plus they want easy access.. :)
I never had this specific surgery, am waiting on date, got all my tests and NUT done, now its waiting game... I hope I didnt leave anything out for trip to hospital.. I will be printing out my list..lol..
Good luck!
HUGGS
(deactivated member)
on 8/8/10 10:14 am - Southgate, MI
Thank You,

i know i'm probably overthinking but this is an area i can control with the rest in the hands of the hospital. Best of luck to you, you will get a date since you've done everything else on thier list. I had to go on a pre-op diet for two weeks so i've been eating lots of jello.....
Maryanne L.
on 8/13/10 12:21 pm - Stockton, CA
 I hear a lot of women start their period right after surgery so don't forget feminine products just in case.  Best of luck to you.
Most Active
Recent Topics