Taking my life back...

Jai-An
on 3/17/06 3:37 pm - Charlotte, NC
I am new to this board... looking for a little support. I am going to start my pre-op testing on Monday and I had to pull some favors to get in some of the testing earlier then later.... Try to get it done in about 3 weeks and fax it off to the surgeon. Just want somewhere where I can go to keep me going. I will be 31 next month and just excited to start a new chapter in my life. I wish the best for all of you here and hope to be on the losing side soon. Jai
Cruise Director Julie
on 3/18/06 1:26 pm - Dallas, TX
RNY on 11/15/05 with
Jai-An; Welcome to the 30's board. Unfortunately, it's not one of the more active boards, but hopefully as some new people find it, that will change. This site is great for continuing inspiration. I find myself still reading profiles of those I've met here for further education on what to expect in the journey. I'm just over 4 months post-op, so please feel free to email me with any questions. Blessings, Jennifer 253 / 187 / ???
carolbear
on 3/18/06 3:24 pm - Baldwin Park, CA
Welcome Jai, Please feel free to ask or post any concerns or comments, this site is just full of wonderful people.... I was blessed to come across this site, I have felt the love and respect that everyone has for one another..The encouragment and words of wisdom were more than I was hoping for when I joined.. Good luck with your preop's, although it may seem like it is going slow..when you finally get the date you only wish for more time...I wished I would have started exercising alot earlier.... My date is March 30, see you on the losers side .. Warm regards, Carolbear
terrilee819
on 3/18/06 9:38 pm - Kingston, NY
So glad that you found this site for support. Although this part is a bit too quiet the remainder of the site rocks !(Guess we will have to get this messageboard a little more attention !) I saw the title of your post and you are so right ! Tomorrow is my 1 month anniversary and you can't even begin to imagine the changes that can happen in just 28 days ! Granted, it isn't all just easy and handed to us on a silver platter but every little step to a better and healthy life is worth the effort. Read as much as you can and be sure to ask every question that you have ! You will find the journey educational, emotional and life affirming ! Please keep in touch and feel free to ask anything anytime ! The best of luck to you ! - Terri
Jai-An
on 3/21/06 12:08 pm - Charlotte, NC
Thank you to you all... I feel so welcomed and know that I will be able to come here and get the help I need and not be afraid to ask any question. Luck for me I work with my PCM and I am getting my pre-op done in under 3 weeks... after waiting for 7 months to get this far, I am thrilled. Have my psych eval in the morning, so we shall see how that goes. To those of you post-op, congrats on your struggles and success. What do they say" what doesn't kill us makes us stronger" and all of you are the strongest people I know, to make a life changing decision that effects you entire life. To those pre-op.... very soon all of our lives will change in unimaginable ways, we have the support of our families and of each other to get though the new beginnings.(Just like newborns) Thank you so much again.... Jai
Most Active
Recent Topics