New to this board!

bonnied
on 3/21/06 8:57 am - St. Albans, VT
Hi Guys! Just wanted to post and say hi to y'all! I'm a 31 y.o. nurse in northern VT (really close to Montreal, Canada). I went to Mexico for lap rny last June and have been on the post-op and south of the border forums, but didn't know about this one! I was obese since the day I was born, 10 pounds 4 ozs! I had "pretty plus" sized clothes in first grade. I've now lost 100 pounds and am basically "cured" of diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol. Although there have been several moments where I regretted WLS, like when I dump, I am so thankful to God for this surgery, it has made my life so much better! I started out at 5'5" and 264 pounds and size 24. Now I'm 164, size 8 and 10 and look "normal". I still feel very big, but over time I'm sure I'll adjust. Thanks to each and every one of you for sharing your stories. It has helped me trememdously! Bonnie lap rny 6/3/05 264/164/149
Cruise Director Julie
on 3/21/06 10:49 am - Dallas, TX
RNY on 11/15/05 with
Bonnie; Welcome to the 30s board. It's kind of quiet, but some more people have been joining lately, so hopefully it will liven up a bit! Congrats on 100 lbs in 9 months! You're doing great! Blessings, Jennifer 253 / 187 / ???
Jai-An
on 3/21/06 12:14 pm - Charlotte, NC
Welcome and congrats.... you are doing wonderful. I hope to have as much success. I hope in the future to learn from your success. Jai
terrilee819
on 3/25/06 8:51 pm - Kingston, NY
Congrats on the wonderful weight loss ! You are doing awesome ! I am only 5 weeks out from my Lap RNY surgery and I too am so happy to see so many positive changes already too ! No more diabetes medication (oral and injections) and a reduction in my meds for hypertension by more than 50 %. It is people like you, who have been successful who are my motivation so please keep us updated and once again CONGRATS !
Most Active
Recent Topics