Pain Meds

Jennifer Nice
on 5/4/06 8:53 pm - Pueblo, CO
So, I couldnt take my pain meds earlier because I was full from my protein dinner. Yay. Finally extra protein in my food. Non-flavored. We'll see if my energy level goes up. Back to the meds tho. I fell asleep and now here I sit almost 8 hours later in pain. Has anyone else done this or am I just the wimp in the bunch and whinning? LOL
Cruise Director Julie
on 5/5/06 1:27 am - Dallas, TX
RNY on 11/15/05 with
Jennifer; If you're feeling pain, then that's valid and you should treat it. However, at two weeks post-op, I had been off pain meds for 12 days and was back to work full-time. Did you have open or laproscopic? You might want to call your surgeon for a follow up appointment. I don't think you should still be in so much pain at this point. Blessings, Jennifer 253 / 178 / 137
Jennifer Nice
on 5/5/06 5:46 am - Pueblo, CO
I had open mini switch. I weighed 414 pounds to begin with. The pain is going to hang around for a while because I have more fat pulling on all of my hundreds of stitches. The Dr. says I am his trooper, doing very well.
Cruise Director Julie
on 5/5/06 5:52 am - Dallas, TX
RNY on 11/15/05 with
If your surgeon feels you're on target with the amount of pain that you're in, then you're doing fine. I applaud you. I don't think I would have had WLS if I'd have had to had it open. I'm very squeamish and wouldn't have coped with all those stitches very well. Blessings, Jennifer
Most Active
Recent Topics