I can't believe I fit....

meandpugs
on 9/30/05 11:25 pm - valrico, FL
I am 43 and can'y believe that I fit in my 17 year olds clothes.... I am down 78 pounds and yesterday my daughter said mom come try these pants on I said they won't fit me they will be way to little.. She said: Just try them on I did and they fit a size 12p They are crop pants jeans that go just below the knees.. They looked so good that she said they are yours now wear them... Then I tried on about 7 more pair of her pants they all fit.. Some were alittle to short for me. But that is because she is 5'4 and I am 5'7 1/2-8 But what a feeling and a surprise!! Cyndee
CuteDonna
on 10/2/05 1:27 am - Effort, PA
That's wonderful. Don't it make you feel so young again when all of a sudden you can fit into the teen outfits. I'm so happy for you I'm still shocked that I can now wear a size 12 jeans myself. Before surgery I was in a womans 26 pants. The 40's for me will always be my good years. I'm 45 and feel like I'm 16 once again and my husband is loving it also Donna 338/176
lrosenda
on 10/3/05 5:09 am - Magna, UT
Cyndee, That is a great wow moment! Thanks so much for sharing! Lori 384/294/170
Cathy G.
on 10/3/05 12:23 pm - Lincoln University, PA
Way To Go Cynthia!!!!!!!!!!! It feels really great to be able to fit into your daughters clothes I know. Wait until your smaller than her.My daughter is a size 13 I'm now a size 7 petite.I was a size 28womens elastic waist pre surgery.So keep up the good work it all pays off in the end with good health and self esteem. Cathy
jacjac 1.
on 10/4/05 7:29 am - Bruchmuhlbach, Germany
Congradulations. I had surgery sept 16 so am far behind you. I hope I can say the say things one day!! Keep up the good work. J
meandpugs
on 10/4/05 7:37 am - valrico, FL
Thanks..and you will just you wait...have a great day,, cyndee
Tinkermouse
on 10/9/05 6:45 am - Vallejo, CA
What a great story! I am still pre-op trying to get to the pre-surgery goal weight I was given by my surgeon. I was kind of discouraged so I went downstairs to the basement this morning and opened all of my boxes of clothes. I figured it would be inspiration since I own an entire wardrobe in sizes from 10 to 22. The 22s are currently being worn but I thought if I could see and hang up the smaller ones I'd feel better. It worked! I've got the cutest clothes down there and I can't wait to be able to fit into them again. Based on what I'm reading here (one of you mentioned you used to wear a 28 and now wear a 7), maybe these 10s will be too big someday! Thanks for sharing Cyndee!!
April D.
on 10/16/05 11:25 pm - New Market, TN
Way to go!!!! That is such a cool feeling, and wait until the gentlemen friends start looking again too, thats a great feeling even if you are married (its nice to be looked at especially at 40+! Have a great journey and God Bless! april
peggy B.
on 11/19/05 7:58 am - Yuba City, CA
Cyndee! Cool...i was given some clothes and was in a 5x....well, i looked at some stuff that was 2 and 3 x and figured it would be a while..they looked too small...then i got to wondering how much i needed to get smaller to wear them and they fit..the 2x is a little snug and some of the 3x are too big already and look baggy! Was certainly a surprise. peggy
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 267 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 522 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 512 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3571 views