Nashville Nutrition and Emotional Wellness

Dr. Dunn

BellBuckleGal
on 1/28/09 10:41 pm - Bell Buckle, TN
Has anyone gone to see Dr. Dunn at Vanderbilt?  I received a voicemail yesterday stating that I have an appointment with Dr. Dunn.  This is out of the blue and with no explaination.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me their impressions of her and if she was helpful.  I'm starting to think that Vanderbilt is stalling more than my insurance!!!!!!!!!!!
Bob L.
on 1/29/09 9:10 am - Clarksville, TN
I've had some contact with Dr. Dunn, I've found her to be very personable, as well as knowledgeable. I know one of her functions is teaching the surgical students. I would personally feel very comfortable with her as my surgeon. Hope this helps. C'ya Bob

Truly Trina
on 1/30/09 6:35 am - Nashville, TN

Hey Bob,

Is Dr. Dunn a new WLS surgeon at Vanderbilt or is Dr. Dunn an assistant to Dr. Richard’s?

Trinafat05-19-06-1.jpg 100 x 75 picture by trina_davis_photoTrinaandBobbieJuly2008-1-2-1-1.jpg 63 x 100 picture by trina_davis_photo*Member of Student Dietetics*  *Certified support group leader Obesity Help*  Patient Rep support group moderator Vanderbilt Center Surgical Weight Loss
Start weight 277    Reached my goal weight 115

Bob L.
on 1/30/09 1:02 pm - Clarksville, TN
It's my understanding that she is a new surgeon. She 's the one that headed up the Surgical Class I spoke too.

BellBuckleGal
on 1/30/09 11:09 pm - Bell Buckle, TN
Thanks Bob for calming my fears.  I just received a call and said that I had this appointment and I was scared that something might be wrong.  I e-mailed this Dr. Dunn and she told me that it may be because my sugar is so out of control, but it's not that bad!?!  So I'm hoping my appointment is just to work out my insulin regimine for the pre-op diet and such.
Bob L.
on 1/30/09 11:34 pm - Clarksville, TN
I can't tell you the number of test they kept putting me through, they just want everything to go as flawless as possible. You know as any of us that suffer from Diabetes how it complicates things so take it in stride and don't be surprised if they run other test or adjust your med's. The good news is that there is a very good chance your Diabetes post op will be in total remission. C'ya Bob 

BellBuckleGal
on 2/1/09 11:45 pm - Bell Buckle, TN
Bob, That's the main reason for having this surgery.  Just the thought of being free from diabetes is so exciting I get goosebumps thinking about it.  I just want to hear a "yes" about the surgery and I think I'll be calmer.  On a side note, do you know if there are any vanderbilt support groups in the Shelbyville area?  I am current attending the support group that is sponsored by Centennial but it would be nice to have another one to go to.
Bob L.
on 2/3/09 9:18 am - Clarksville, TN
Sorry I don't know, I'm sure anyone at Vandy could tell you. C'ya Bob