Post_Op_PRs

Groups » Post_Op_PRs » Discussion » November 5th & ...

November 5th & 6th

DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/21/10 2:02 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys,

As discussed in last week's chat, I have been asked to speak at the Obesity Help Houston Convention on November 5th & 6th. I would really like to have a great showing or representation from our group. We will be getting a coupon code for the convention and I can help arrange group hotel discounts. It would be cool to have it be a 4 day weekend or whatever is manageable, and we could mix in some training, or maybe find a local race we all could do as a group, there are a couple 5k's and a 10k in the area that weekend. Please let me know if this sounds of interest to you. I think it would be really cool to hang out and get to know everyone. For those of you who were interested in possibly doing the Rocky Raccoon 100 mile or 50 mile trail run next year, it is only 45 minutes from where the convention is, and we could maybe go run a loop early one day. Also, maybe I could find a school, or some other venues we could speak at and share our stories. Let me know if you are interested...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

MacMadame
on 3/21/10 4:35 am - Northern, CA
This is a fantastic opportunity!

Unfortunately, it's very close to my first Ironman and our finances are in bad shape right now. But that could change...

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

blessedabundantly
on 3/21/10 6:40 am - Abilene, TX
I think it sounds great. I'm not sure what my school schedule is going to be at that time, but if I can work it out ( and get the finances sorted), I'd be interested. I am pretty sure that I'll have the Friday off of school but I am not sure about the Thurs.
}i{ Denise }i{ 

Look me up on FB ( Denise Stoddard Harman). Please mention OH in your request.
Sue M.
on 4/26/10 8:40 am - Nantucket, MA
I have friends in Houston, so I might seriously consider making this trip!

Would love to meet other OH and OH PR folks - and go for a run!
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash