VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Blahhhh why can't I...

Blahhhh why can't I settle on a final goal weight??? Not happy...

Mini.me
on 11/29/10 12:39 pm
Mandy - I go through the same conversations with myself almost every day.  I have toyed with my goal weight for several months. 

Right now, I find myself working towards 120 - 125.  I'm 126.0 today.  I'm 5"6" with a small build. 

I am so afraid of gaining that I keep staying in "lose" mode.  I've told myself that I will maintain at whatever I'm at on January 1, 2011.  I need to work on not lying to myself - I need to hold myself accountable for this promise.

This group is so good for all of us.  We're "seasoned" and definitely have different issues/concerns than the newly sleeved or considering sleeve.

Happy Holidays to all!

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

Mandyplus2 ..
on 11/30/10 10:17 am - GA
You are tiny!!

I remember when I first got sleeved, I wanted to make my initial goal by Christmas - 165. I made that with a month and a half to spare so I'm happy for that! My next goal is to lean out and be a solid size 8 by my one year surgiversary. A size 6 would be better, but I only have 3 months to work with!
 5'8" - 40 years old

Mini.me
on 12/2/10 1:29 am
On November 30, 2010 at 6:17 PM Pacific Time, Mandyplus2 .. wrote:
You are tiny!!

I remember when I first got sleeved, I wanted to make my initial goal by Christmas - 165. I made that with a month and a half to spare so I'm happy for that! My next goal is to lean out and be a solid size 8 by my one year surgiversary. A size 6 would be better, but I only have 3 months to work with!
LOL! 

People keep telling me that "You are tiny" ... but I second guess it a lot.  Am I "really" tiny? ... OR ... Are people just saying that because I am so much smaller than I used to be.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think I need to be stick model thin - I believe a woman should have curves.  I'm just at that point where I am trying to figure out how many curves I need.  (Does that make any sense???)

I am really concerned about TRUE Maintenance where my goal is to stay the same & not secretly wish the scale was lower.  It's only 1 month away. I am up to 127.8 since I'm expecting my monthly friend in a few days.  But, we'll see where I actually land on 1/1/11.  YIKES!!!

Have a great day everyone.

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

MacMadame
on 12/1/10 1:44 am - Northern, CA
IME those handheld body fat devices are way off. They often measure me at 10% higher body fat than more accurate measures like the dunk tank.

Also, a lot of the "stuff" around our middles is loose skin. It's not going to go anywhere without plastic surgery so we have to learn to live with it or get it cut off. I really want mine cut off but I can't see that happening any time soon.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights