VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, November 18...

Monday, November 18, 2019

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/18/19 4:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I just lost my post - I need to be more careful about multi-tasking...

We are in Florida. As usual Justice was a great traveler and is happy to be here. It was 55 and dreary here yesterday which was probably just as well for doing errands.

Today we need to do some dusting though it really is fairly clean. Friends from home are arriving to stay for a few days. The husband just won 3rd prize in the advanced amateur category of the Siesta Key sand sculpture contest. It was his first time in that one. He will at the Fort Myers Beach contest over Thanksgiving which he has competed in for 5+ years.

Today it is supposed to be partly cloudy and 75. Pool maybe??? But first we walk with our friends.

Have a marvelous Monday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 11/18/19 5:22 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 141.2
Veggies/Fruits: 7
Macronutrients: 1,502 cals, 145 carbs, 45 fats, 93 proteins, 26 fiber

Sleep: 6'53" (says the Fitbit)
Exercise: 5,490 steps, 28 active minutes, 40" yoga@home, 20" leaf blowing

Yea, Liz ... you're there! And good Monday morning to everyone except Shirl, who's Down Under and already in the middle of next week (that's a bad American joke). Welcome home, Cecily! I loved following your wonderful visit to the antipodes.

Speaking of which and looking a few weeks ahead, Chile is three hours ahead of the Midwest, so that time adjustment won't be as hard as the one I dealt with last month. I have no idea what time zone Antarctica is in, although it won't make much difference, given the continent's December midnight sun.

Ford v Ferrari is a MUST SEE movie. I enjoyed it tremendously. I have read that the movie takes some license with regard to dates, identities, etc. Nonetheless, the big facts are undisputed. In addition to the two superheroes in the story, there's also a delicious villain. It was in many ways a lovely movie about men and their relationships with each other, but also a blockbuster about fast cars, dreams, perseverance, changing post-World War II culture, and a plentitude of satisfying existential issues. And the acting is pretty darned good. :)

I invited a friend to go to the movie who loves fast cars and drives her Corvette with a lead foot. Needless to say, she loved the movie as much as I did. Afterward we went out for drinks, and a shrimp and cheese dip with tortilla chips wound up on our table. I ate very little of it, but it did account for a couple hundred extra calories I hadn't planned on. Nonetheless, one pound drifted away overnight, so never mind.

This is my last full week at home before heading to The Other Down Under, so I have much to accomplish, including tomorrow's final 2019 appointment with my therapist in The Big City. All of next week (for Thanksgiving) I'll be traveling and visiting relatives, which will present some serious food/eating challenges, but as Scarlett said, "Tomorrow is another day."

Today's theme (you gotta watch this!) ANTARCTICA!

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

CC C.
on 11/18/19 7:55 am

Oh! Steve!

I have a new love of penguins after seeing the Fiordland Crested penguins in their nesting grounds in New Zealand. Enchanting creatures!

Peps
on 11/18/19 10:18 am, edited 11/18/19 2:18 am

I demand live footage of you with a penguin! (Not necessarily Steve.)

VSGAnn2014
on 11/18/19 3:06 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Y'all are going to get SO MANY PICTURES of my Chilean and Antarctica adventures on Facebook you're going to be sick of them! :)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

ShirlAus
on 11/18/19 3:25 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Never

I look forward to them :)

DiamondD
on 11/18/19 3:26 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

That video was fun! Thanks for sharing.

ShirlAus
on 11/18/19 12:35 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All - Tuesday already here...... I fly to Brisbane Thursday afternoon till late Monday. DH is up there working for the next few weeks and since I can work anywhere, we decided I would go up for a bit. Hoping the smoke is starting to dissipate a little... Looking forward to some sunshine.

Weight 170.72 - continuing down yet undeserved. I ate 2 chocolate biscuits last night

Todays agenda is work, then clean chook house and empty back of DH ute - it still has the concreting stuff in it. Then Drs at 5.30 to get a script for cough syrup with codeine. Our rules have changed, you can no longer get anything with codeine in it unless prescribed - seriously! I started with a sore throat and cough on sunday morning and though its not stopping me working I wanted to have some syrup to take away especially given it might be very smoky up there from the fires

On the other news front, DH and some of my kids plus my mum have basically railroaded me into having a 50th birthday party. I tried resisting a LOT - with my arguement being my birthday is 23/12 and the party would be 21/12. Everyone is exceptionally busy at that time of year and I didnt want it to be yet another thing that people had to cram into their already overloaded schedules! Well I lost...... So 21st December from 6pm there will be a party at my mums house - she has a large decked area, big backyard and garage - so all bases covered. I have hired a spit roast machine and we will do Lamb, Beef and Pork - the first 2 are homegrown. It made sense to me to do it this way as there will be 60+ ppl. Will also do chooked chooks n a big array of salads etc. Then cake and sweets plus nibbles. Shouldnt be too labour intensive and the boys will cook the spit & carve.... I went to Costco yesterday to buy all the plates etc etc - will all be disposable for convenience and ease. And so it begins I guess.

Liz - Glad you made it to Florida safely and that Justice was a champion traveller. Enjoy the pool if you get there today

Ann - Your trip is coming up super fast. Its on my bucket list too so I look forward to LOTS of photo spam of your amazing adventure

Cec - Welcome home and hope bathing your Ferg went well yesterday. Long may the jet lag monster stay away :)

Peps - Mumma Ella looks ready to burst with all those puppies. Poor darling will likely be looking forward to labour just so she doesnt have to carry them all around. Sending safe and successful labour vibes - and I cant wait to see the photos

Diane O - How are you doing? Have been thinking of you lots. Any more episodes or has it now settled down?

Diane S - Good for you getting to the gym. I am a total slug who does no formal exercise so I have a healthy respect for you and Peps :) Can you fling some motivation my way - oh and the time to make it happen :)

Leap - Hoping this week will bring a little more improvement with your knee. Pain is so wearing. Hugs

DD - Hello and hope you are feeling a little more energetic

Miss - Hello x

BB - Hello too x

Paula - Hello x

Have I missed anyone? I best go and make a second cup of tea and get my work day started. A bunch of stuff awaits.....

Have a wonderful day/evening all. I treasure you in my life xxx

S

CC C.
on 11/18/19 1:38 pm

I don't think anything with Codeine has ever been available without a prescription in the US!

Ferg's bath went fine. I've been brushing giant furballs out of his coat ever since. Not being brushed for a month left him looking like a Tibetan Mastiff. We've passed Great Pyrenees-level furriness long ago. At least there are no mats. No one takes car of your fur kids like you would. They kept him fed, watered, medicated, and alive at least! Still no jet lag. Yay!

ShirlAus
on 11/18/19 1:42 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Aww - sounds like you could have made a bed with all that fur. Bet he feels a ton better with it all gone.

Yeah I know - I say that about DH and the chooks n dogs when Im up at the farm without them all - they just dont "see" like we do. But glad hes doing well

Sounds like you might miss jetlag. I did virtually so I was thankful :) You need to plan another Aussie trip but come to Victoria - so I can show you around the Yarra Valley and the beautiful North East